PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews on Speedgoat Bicycles?

rsa
12-23-2009, 09:57 AM
www.speedgoat.com

I'm interested in purchasing a complete bike through them. Seems that they have a number of bikes (road, mtb, & cross)they have built for many customers. Did their build a custom bike section and the price seems very reasonable. Just want to see what opinions are out there before I pull the trigger. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ray

Joellogicman
12-23-2009, 10:02 AM
But have bought parts over the years. They have a good service department and seem to enjoy what they do.

I did have a problem with a wheel I bought through them. I specified a regular rim but they used an offset even though it did not make sense with the hub and build spec - or what I asked for. They replaced it without much histrionics. I have bought from them since.

zap
12-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Purchased parts from them only.

Did stop by the shop three years ago and tested a Maverick 29er. Great shop, friendly staff and all the parts on the bike worked very well.

I would purchase a complete kit from them.

john903
12-23-2009, 10:21 AM
I ordered a fork from them once and was suppose to be free shipping. When the fork arrived it was $15.00 more for shipping. I was probbily to blame, I saw the fork on the web site, but wanted to talk to a real person so I called them talked about the fork then ordered it. I was told I was charged shipping because it was a phone order, free shipping only applied to internet sales, huh. Overall good people just make sure what you order is what you order.
John

majl
12-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I buy parts from them regularly. Free shipping on orders over $100 and no tax, plus they price match on most items. Not once have I had an issue with an order. Definitely one of my go-to online retailers in the US.

Joellogicman
12-23-2009, 11:19 AM
I ordered a fork from them once and was suppose to be free shipping. When the fork arrived it was $15.00 more for shipping. I was probbily to blame, I saw the fork on the web site, but wanted to talk to a real person so I called them talked about the fork then ordered it. I was told I was charged shipping because it was a phone order, free shipping only applied to internet sales, huh. Overall good people just make sure what you order is what you order.
John

But there is a good reason for offering discounts for internet orders only. Speedgoat is high volume but not a big operation at all. Every minute a worker is on the phone is a minute the worker could have been attending to some of the many other things they have to get done.

I am pleased other people like the folks at Speedgoat too. They focus on a slightly different niche than most other on-line operations. They have a somewhat unique approach that works well.

weaponsgrade
12-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I've ordered from them several times. Never had a problem. I once ordered a pack of replacement pins for a chain breaker. There was supposed to be two pins, but they only sent one. I called them up and right away they shipped the missing pin.

xjoex
12-23-2009, 12:27 PM
I purchase from them for 90% of my orders. They are sort of local too me as well. Their instant price match is very easy to use.

-Joe

rcnute
12-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Got a Gunnar from them. They were great on the phone and the bike arrived quickly and in perfect shape.

dancinkozmo
12-23-2009, 01:58 PM
...bought a surly pacer frame from them a few years back; no complaints....would purchase from them again without hesitation. :banana:

DonH
12-23-2009, 03:25 PM
I bought a Titus mountain bike frame from them a couple years ago. They were great to deal with. Fast shipment , very heplful when I called with a question about setting up the rear shock.

Lurch
12-23-2009, 03:32 PM
I order parts from them often. Have a set of Speedgoat built 29er wheels I love. Buy with confidence, they're good dudes.

rustychisel
12-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I buy from them often, with complete confidence. One of the best, and their shipping to Australia is within a working week (usually).

ols
12-23-2009, 07:31 PM
+1
Another positive vote for speedgoat. I bought a complete RacerX 29er from them and they were great. Since then, I've continued to buy parts from them as well and have always found them top notch.