PDA

View Full Version : Who's new Bedford? Its lovely

Smiley
12-22-2009, 06:42 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27880623@N05/4194664271/

One of the richest looking paint scheme's I have seen in a long time and NO its not mine.

Ahneida Ride
12-22-2009, 07:28 AM
I'll find out ! :)

SEABREEZE
12-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Sure Is Per-t

timto
12-22-2009, 09:01 AM
looking through those albums - terrible time vampire....but so many gorgeous and inspiring bikes out there. Any bedford in those pics ROCKED.

Smiley
12-22-2009, 09:38 AM
I'll find out ! :)

its Bumper Man new rig :)

Pete Serotta
12-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Smiley is wishing it was his that was painted and ready to go - - especially in the "light" snow dusting he got last weekend. ;)

Keith A
12-22-2009, 09:53 AM
It's a beauty!

dave thompson
12-22-2009, 10:26 AM
its Bumper Man new rig :)
A cigar to celebrate his new bike!

dekindy
12-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Not to take anything away from Kelly since he chooses the painter, but;

When I see a bike that looks good I want to know who the painter is. When I hear about or experience superior ride and handling, I want to know the designer and builder.

I know someone is going to say something about beautiful welds, but I don't get that part. I guess it is a beauty in the eyes of the beholder thing. The other thing is that a lot of people pay a lot of money for fillet brazed frames so they must not get it either and are even willing to pay for not seeing it, which I am not.

Jeff N.
12-22-2009, 12:46 PM

When I see a bike that looks good I want to know who the painter is. When I hear about or experience superior ride and handling, I want to know the designer and builder.

I know someone is going to say something about beautiful welds, but I don't get that part. I guess it is a beauty in the eyes of the beholder thing. The other thing is that a lot of people pay a lot of money for fillet brazed frames so they must not get it either and are even willing to pay for not seeing it, which I am not.The painter? Joe Bell, of course.

fiamme red
12-22-2009, 12:49 PM
The painter? Joe Bell, of course.No, Keith Anderson painted this frame.

palincss
12-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Who is Bumper Man?

Smiley
12-22-2009, 01:57 PM
No, Keith Anderson painted this frame.

+1 , Joe Bell is painting my frame and my guess is Kelly is trying to spread the wealth around and not have just one painter do all his work.

Jeff N.
12-22-2009, 03:01 PM
+1 , Joe Bell is painting my frame and my guess is Kelly is trying to spread the wealth around and not have just one painter do all his work.I see. I stand corrected. It's just that I've seen several Bedfords in JB's shop, I just assumed...Jeff N.

Joellogicman
12-22-2009, 04:29 PM

I know someone is going to say something about beautiful welds, but I don't get that part. I guess it is a beauty in the eyes of the beholder thing. The other thing is that a lot of people pay a lot of money for fillet brazed frames so they must not get it either and are even willing to pay for not seeing it, which I am not.

Good paint cannot hide bad lug work. On the other hand, excellent lug work makes it easier for the painter to perfectly execute the scheme.

Likewise with fillet braze. Poor fillet brazing will have dimples that the painter would have to fill - assuming anyone even notices before painting.

Smiley
12-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Who is Bumper Man?

Bumperjohn is who

Bruce K
12-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Mine is an Anderson paint job as well and it is downright spectacular.

He is a true craftsman with huge amounts of drive for perfection (witness the fact that before he shipped mine he stripped it bare and repainted it to correct a flaw he claimed only he would notice).

BK

pbjbike
12-22-2009, 11:25 PM

Time to take a frame building course so you can see what's involved. Years of practice/daily work go into perfect welds and fillet brazing. Your beloved Serottas did not hatch from a savant hen, friend. :beer:

Ahneida Ride
12-22-2009, 11:35 PM
I see em naked in Kelly's shop .... Pre-paint

Kelly is a American Icon. Yea, the guys work is impeccable.

Kelly has a reputation in the inside circles.

dave thompson
12-22-2009, 11:46 PM

Some folks might call that appreciating surface beauty. I say different strokes for different folks. I'll also say however that you've got to take the bike as a whole, 'gestalt', to coin a phrase. Look it up.

mso
12-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Smiley,

Saw your "naked" frame at JB's last week, what a beauty! When you see these frames before their painted you really see the craftsmanship that goes into a beautiful steel frame.

Smiley
12-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Smiley,

Saw your "naked" frame at JB's last week, what a beauty! When you see these frames before their painted you really see the craftsmanship that goes into a beautiful steel frame.

Thanks none better than Kelly Bedford, Serotta's best kept secret is now available to the public :)