PDA

View Full Version : A dog in a hat

dekindy
12-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Our best friends, the husband bicycles with me, got me the book A Dog In A Hat for Christmas. We exchanged gifts last night and I read it today. It was interesting. I was aware of the famous stage races and classics but had no idea just how extensive the racing schedule was or how difficult it was to finish races. It was interesting to find out that the author was a tax paying illegal alien that got deported when he formally applied for a work visa because nobody would technically claim him as an employee. The policeman that delivered the papers had known him for several years. Hysterical! He was going home anyway so there was not a problem and he came back into the country the next racing season.

I would recommend it as a present if you want to buy something different for a cycling buddy. There are lots of reviews on Amazon if you want more information before making a purchase.

rwsaunders
01-17-2010, 11:50 PM
I just finished reading the book this evening....very anecdotal, but not bad reading. I'm looking for other cycling content to read if anyone wants to swap.

Steve in SLO
01-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Agreed with above...good book.

dekindy
01-18-2010, 02:14 PM
I just finished reading the book this evening....very anecdotal, but not bad reading. I'm looking for other cycling content to read if anyone wants to swap.

What have you got?