PDA

View Full Version : OT: Liberal News Media

flydhest
02-25-2005, 12:51 PM
Check out the framing of this picture of W.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=703&e=1&u=/ap/20050225/ap_on_re_eu/bush

William
02-25-2005, 12:56 PM
LOL!

William :)

Bruce K
02-25-2005, 01:11 PM
I think my bike just crashed on it's non-drive side. :crap: ;)

Keno, help me please. :banana:

BK

bulliedawg
02-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Ummm, I guess it's too subtle for me, because I don't see what you're talking about.

flydhest
02-25-2005, 01:29 PM
d'oh!!!, They changed the photo. It was, I think, when he was in Bratislava and only the first four letters of the city's name were visible in the background.

Ozz
02-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Ummm, I guess it's too subtle for me, because I don't see what you're talking about.
here you go....the slideshow changes the picture

bulliedawg
02-25-2005, 01:42 PM
For Duke haters, there's this one:

http://www.pouyadianat.com/15-DukeFeature/slides/2.jpg

BumbleBeeDave
02-25-2005, 02:28 PM
. . . partial to this one. ;)

BBD

flydhest
02-25-2005, 02:51 PM
BBDave,

I always find your arguments a bit fallacious

slowgoing
02-25-2005, 03:05 PM
reminds me of the priest from The Omen.

yeehawfactor
02-25-2005, 06:09 PM
that proves it!

keno
02-25-2005, 07:03 PM
you need no help. The laddies doth protest too much.

keno

Elefantino
02-25-2005, 08:32 PM
I think he's saying, "b*tch."

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I am, after all, the liberal media.

:no:

BumbleBeeDave
02-25-2005, 09:29 PM
<<I always find your arguments a bit fallacious>>

Well, I have been called a “major tool” quite a few times! ;) :rolleyes: :banana:

BBDave, aka “Tool Man”

BumbleBeeDave
02-25-2005, 09:32 PM
That pic is PRICELESS! . . . Is he really doing what we think he is, though? . . . and it would be just as priceless if it were Kerry or any other pol . . . I love it when any of them get caught acting like--Gasp!--REAL people! ;)

There was also a great shot years ago of Nelson Rockefeller gleefully doing the same thing to a heckler who had just done the same to him. :rolleyes:

BBDave

toaster
02-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Great "fixed" photo of GW's hand gesture.

If you don't think it's fake try and position your hand exactly as shown in the doctored photo.

You can't do it because of reciprocal inhibition or innervation. The antagonist muscles are inhibited because muscles work in pairs and when one (agonist) muscle is contracting the opposite (antagonist) is relaxing.

Sorry to get technical on the physiology of the hand gesture. It's still awfully funny and gets the facial expression down pat.

slowgoing
02-25-2005, 11:02 PM
I can and have made that exact hand gesture with that position many times. Not impossible at all.

gasman
02-25-2005, 11:12 PM

If you don't think it's fake try and position your hand exactly as shown in the doctored photo.

You can't do it because of reciprocal inhibition or innervation. The antagonist muscles are inhibited because muscles work in pairs and when one (agonist) muscle is contracting the opposite (antagonist) is relaxing.

Sorry to get technical on the physiology of the hand gesture. It's still awfully funny and gets the facial expression down pat.

It may be doctored but that isn't anatomy or physiology I learned in medical school.

Ray
02-26-2005, 05:58 AM

Which puts me in the rediculous position of sitting in front of my computer early on a quiet, snow covered Sunday morning flipping all manner of birds with my right hand, hoping my wife won't wake up and see this display. And I find absolutely no problem flipping that exact same bird from that position or almost any other.

-Ray

Kevin
02-26-2005, 06:05 AM
It looks real to me. I was also able to make the same gesture. Of course I have had a lot of practice driving in NYC.

Kevin

JohnS
02-26-2005, 07:03 AM
it's only Saturday.

bulliedawg
02-26-2005, 08:22 AM
Fixed or not, I'm one of the ones with the finger dexterity to make that gesture. And I can hardly even type.

toaster
02-26-2005, 08:38 AM
Oh, really.

You guys can make nearly a complete fist and have the finger go parallel with the bones of the forearm and not find that actually the extended digit cannot indeed go much beyond parallel (or in line with) the first and second joint of the fingers?

I didn't have to go to med school to see that.

Please try it again.

Toaster out.

Kevin
02-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Oh, really.

You guys can make nearly a complete fist and have the finger go parallel with the bones of the forearm and not find that actually the extended digit cannot indeed go much beyond parallel (or in line with) the first and second joint of the fingers?

I didn't have to go to med school to see that.

Please try it again.

Toaster out.

I did try it again and I can still do it.

Kevin

slowgoing
02-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Yup. It's one of a number of variations of the same theme, but I can do that. With both hands even.

Also, in the picture, I don't think his extended finger is going much beyond the same same plane as the rest of his fingers.

It's about all I have in common with dubya, though.

Ray
02-26-2005, 11:40 AM
it's only Saturday.
OOOppps. Been in bed for a couple of days with a wicked ear infection (put that on your list of things NOT to get as an adult - freaking excruciating pain) and on pain meds. Just now back to were I can sit up and actually type - and try flipping the bird. Musta lost track of time.

Elefantino
02-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Here is proof that the man knows fingers.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=politicalhumor&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fanon.salon.speedera.net%2Fanon.sal on%2Fmedia%2F2004%2F10%2FBushUncensored.mov

csb
02-26-2005, 08:53 PM
if thats a fist (or even close to one) it must be his mommy's

Kevin
02-27-2005, 06:23 AM
if thats a fist (or even close to one) it must be his mommy's

You may be right, W probably can't give someone the finger without his parent's help. Maybe he is pointing at the weapons of mass destruction. Where is he claiming they are this week? Is it Iran this time?

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
02-27-2005, 08:20 AM
We’ve had our laugh. Let’s move on. Down this road lies nothing but bad feeling and a flamefest . . . :no:

So Kevin, how do youl ike those new carbon bars? . . .

BBDave

Kevin
02-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Still riding my old Easton bars. As you can tell they still pull to the left. I appologize for the rant. :beer:

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
02-27-2005, 12:57 PM
<< . . . they still pull to the left.>>

Yes, you really should get those adjusted! Perhaps an overhaul at “Limbaugh Cycles?” ;)

BBDave

Kevin
02-27-2005, 01:52 PM
<< . . . they still pull to the left.>>

Yes, you really should get those adjusted! Perhaps an overhaul at “Limbaugh Cycles?” ;)

BBDave

Perhaps I should "rush" on over. ;)

Kevin