PDA

View Full Version : Rare Find! . . .

BumbleBeeDave
02-24-2005, 06:46 AM
Take a look at this eBay auction . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7296&item=7137208042&rd=1

These stickers are “very rare and very cool” . . . Gee, I bet I would NEVER find a sticker like this ANYwhere else! Maybe I should bid? Hmmm . . . I would be willing to go maybe as high as--$2.50 maybe?

Sigh. I always find this funny. It’s “rare?” . . . How many times have I seen that on eBay describing something that Nashbar has in their sale section because they have 500 and can’t get rid of them? :rolleyes: ;)

BBDave

BURCH
02-24-2005, 07:48 AM
I am sure that a lot of you guys have seen this, but I figured that I would post it. Not rare by any means, but pretty neat to hang on the wall by your serotta(s).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2904&item=7136468134&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Keith A
02-24-2005, 08:12 AM
That sign guy is running a "sign" business -- check out his other auctions and you will see that he has 1207 other auctions running for his signs. In my opinion, he shouldn't be allowed to SPAM his stuff in the Sporting Goods/Cycling category.

Tom
02-24-2005, 08:42 AM
I'll sell mine for $7500 and throw in the Honda that's attached to it.

PanTerra
02-24-2005, 08:52 AM
I am sure that a lot of you guys have seen this, but I figured that I would post it. Not rare by any means, but pretty neat to hang on the wall by your serotta(s).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2904&item=7136468134&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

For $5.00, I will create a similar graphic, email it to you, so that you can print it out. Each additional copy you print, just send me $2.00. :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
02-24-2005, 09:02 AM
<<In my opinion, he shouldn't be allowed to SPAM his stuff in the Sporting Goods/Cycling category.>>

Come on . . . I must politely disagree. The guy has an idea and is trying to make a buck! He's offering originally created goods for sale--same as a million other entrepreneurs that are the reason this country is as affluent as it is today. This is exactly the type of business eBay is trying to create. I think there might be trademark issues, but I gotta give the guy credit for trying . . .

BBDave

dirtdigger88
02-24-2005, 09:26 AM
I doubt there is even any trade mark issues here- the type face is not the officical Serotta print- I think that is what is trade marked- not the word it's self- It is not like he is selling bike parts logoed at Serotta- I am only taking an educated guess here-

Jason

Keith A
02-24-2005, 09:27 AM
I guess my problem is that he tries too hard. There are times when he posts a number of "Serotta signs" on eBay -- however he always stays under the eBay limit of 10 multilple listed items. I just tire of always seeing his signs come up when I search on "Serotta" on eBay. I can't recall the last time when I did this search and didn't see at least one of his auctions.

BumbleBeeDave
02-24-2005, 11:10 AM
. . . I don't know about that. But I DO know that seeing e-richie with long hair staring at me from every one of DirtDigger's posts is really beginnin' to kinda creep me out! "eek"

BBDave

Keith A
02-24-2005, 11:22 AM
DirtDigger -- Here's an even better version of the avatar :D

slowgoing
02-24-2005, 02:28 PM
dirtdigger said: "I doubt there is even any trade mark issues here ...."

I think there are issues. From what I have seen, Serotta has a federal registration or two for its slanted stylized design, and he's not using that, but... Serotta also has common law trademark rights in its name as a whole (federal registration gives rights in addition to those that accrue under the common law of the various states, provided you meet certain criteria), and he's clearly trying to take advantage of that goodwill in the title of his auction, which reads "Serotta Parking Sign Cycling Bike Cyclist Competition," plus he's trying to do it for a commercial purpose (to make money!).

dirtdigger88
02-24-2005, 02:44 PM
I guess we will see if he pulls the signs- remember the guy with the Serotta bar end plugs- Bun pulled the plug- so to speak

Jason

Dekonick
02-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Too bad Ben & Co. dont have nice bar end caps to sell. It would be a nice touch.