PDA

View Full Version : Brand New S-Works Carbon Crankset 53-39 175

weatherman
12-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Brand new---spec'd on a 2010 S-Works SL3 (will be running a SRAM Red crank instead). Removed immediately upon arrival, crank/rings have never been ridden. 53-39 S-Works rings, 175 crank arms

$250 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Details from the SBC Site:

Best strength-to-weight crank on the market featuring standard and compact spiders/rings (sold separately) compatibility and oversized alloy spindle with Hirth coupling interface. (Std rings included with this one)

* Best strength-to-weight crank on the market
* 2nd generation hollow carbon crank arms offer superior stiffness
* Oversized alloy spindle with Hirth coupling interface
* Self adjusting oversized 42mm cartridge bearings
* Fits Specialized frames with oversized bottom bracket shell
* BB30 compatible
* Fast and smooth shifting S-Works chainrings, available in Standard 130mm with 53/39t chainrings
* Additional Standard and Compact compatible spiders and rings available separately
* Natural gloss carbon finish
* Weight with Standard rings - 635g (172.5mm crank including all hardware)

Retail--$500

Happy to provide references to others on this board, roadbike review and/or across the hall for previous sales of equipment. Thanks for your interest.

Z3c
12-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Weatherman is a solid guy; you can buy from him with total confidence.

He does use mtb pedals on the road though..

Scott

weatherman
12-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Weatherman is a solid guy; you can buy from him with total confidence.

He does use mtb pedals on the road though..

Scott

I will never live that down will I? At least I am running the 4 Ti eggbeaters!! Is there a lighter 'road' pedal out there???? :D

Likes2ridefar
12-02-2009, 09:36 AM
bb30 only?

weatherman
12-02-2009, 09:55 AM
I do not believe so--as I understand it (confirming with my shop now) the full bikes are not bb30 setup---only the modules. The crankset is BB30 compatible (not sure on the details), but not exclusively a BB30 setup. Am confirming now........my LBS has the same bike on the floor already (different size). Will update you when I know more. Thanks.

Likes2ridefar
12-02-2009, 09:58 AM
OK, thanks. I'll take them if they will work with my 'normal' frame. let me know if a bottom bracket is included, too.

weatherman
12-02-2009, 10:22 AM
bb30 only?

Indeed--my LBS tells me it is a BB30 setup so please note this "important" piece of information.

Thanks for the interest. :)

Spicoli
12-02-2009, 11:40 AM
IMO you are taking a huge step backwards pulling these off and replacing with Red cranks. S-works are lighter, stiffer, and better bearing....could see it if you hadan SRM or something but to each his own I suppose? :beer:

sorry for offering an un asked for opinion :D

weatherman
12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
IMO you are taking a huge step backwards pulling these off and replacing with Red cranks. S-works are lighter, stiffer, and better bearing....could see it if you hadan SRM or something but to each his own I suppose? :beer:

sorry for offering an un asked for opinion :D

Yeah, you are right and my shop is telling me the same thing, just really had "not so good" luck with the Specialized rings on my SL2 and swapped them for Red Rings last go'round. I'm told the SBC rings are now better/improved so likely I'll just stick with the stock setup as I don't have many people banging down my door to help me put this bad plan into action.

Now, how about those Roval wheels--still need a buyer for those. You won't easily convince me that my Edge Composites/DT190s are a step backwards there.....

thanks for the honest opinion, I've got thick skin.....

:D

Spicoli
12-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Cool, I think you will be pretty happy! I wish I could use the S-works crank on my sl3 but I am a watt weenie and buying a new PM is not gonna happen. Many guys on my current team have the Specialized crank and love them. Wonder if you could retro fit a wired SRM?

JeffS
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Quarq supports the specialized crankset now - although SRM users seem to be fanatics.

rlee1612
12-02-2009, 05:25 PM
ygpm on wheelset and cranks