PDA

View Full Version : "Serotta" on bb?

jpw
11-21-2009, 06:24 AM
A small suggestion to Serotta. Why not stamp "Serotta" on the underside of the bb opposite or perhaps next to the frame number to better identify a (stolen) frame?

Just a thought.

Louis
11-21-2009, 01:29 PM
I wonder what percentage of stolen bikes (or stolen Serottas if you prefer) are repainted? Do most thieves have the energy or time to do something like that? I would think that they just want to turn a quick buck and a new paint job (presumably a good one if it's for a Serotta) requires time and money.

jpw
11-21-2009, 02:48 PM
I wonder what percentage of stolen bikes (or stolen Serottas if you prefer) are repainted? Do most thieves have the energy or time to do something like that? I would think that they just want to turn a quick buck and a new paint job (presumably a good one if it's for a Serotta) requires time and money.

I think a bad paint job would be in order for a stolen Serotta, and thus its pedigree better hidden. :beer:

martinrjensen
11-21-2009, 03:53 PM
My CSI has a large S, distinctly Serotta, molded into the BBA small suggestion to Serotta. Why not stamp "Serotta" on the underside of the bb opposite or perhaps next to the frame number to better identify a (stolen) frame?

Just a thought.

martinrjensen
11-21-2009, 04:14 PM
So someone is going to steal a bike worth say a couple thousand dollars, then hide it's pedigree, thereby making it worth $100.00? Huh? They might be more likely to repaint it and put Colnago decals on it I think, and that's where either a stamped Serotta, or the current "large Serotta S" on the bottom bracket would be a dead giveawayI think a bad paint job would be in order for a stolen Serotta, and thus its pedigree better hidden. :beer:

jpw
11-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Ships in the night.... :beer: :rolleyes: