PDA

View Full Version : Autographed TDF Jerseys

Kevin
01-20-2004, 05:22 PM
I just wanted to say that I have the greatest wife. She just gave me two Yellow TDF Jerseys. One is signed by Lance and the other is signed by LeMond. They came with certificates of authenticity and photographs showing Greg and Lance signing the jerseys.

Do you think its ok to sleep with them under my pillow? Maybe I should get Sandy to sign them before I get them framed. Now that would be a collector's item.

Kevin

Dude
01-20-2004, 05:41 PM
They would probably be more valuable if you had Sandy wear them.

Elefantino
01-20-2004, 05:59 PM
If sleeping with the jerseys means you kick the wife onto the couch, I'd frame them instead. :D

Bruce K
01-20-2004, 07:14 PM
As an aside to this thread...

What is the best way to preserve and display jerseys?

I have a couple of special/memorable jerseys that need to be protected before something happens to them.

BK

Johny
01-20-2004, 09:48 PM
This thread reminds me of one USPS jersey signed by LA about one and half years ago when my wife (then my girlfriend) and I went south to see the first New York City Cycling Championship. The first time I met LA; I was amazed at how skinny he looked in person (of course, that was just few days after his fourth TDF victory). He was nice to sign for a few people and I was at the right time and place. Of course, I carried this good luck and momentum, and proposed to my girlfriend (actually the suggesting cause and effect can be reversed). The rest is history.
Talking about Lance now, I really have mixed feelings. Anyway, I am still his fan and wish him best luck.

Kevin
01-21-2004, 05:56 AM
Dude,

Based on the pictures of Sandy from the "Soup Ride", I don't think they will fit.

Elefanto,

I took your advice. The jerseys stayed on the dresser. My wife said she was willing to have either the Ottrott or the jerseys in bed, but not both. So I picked the Ottrott. Do I have the greatest wife or what.

Bruce K,

I am going to speak to a local frame shop that does a lot of sports memboribilia in addition to high end art. I'll let you know what they say about the best way to preserve the jerseys.

Kevin

Bruce K
01-21-2004, 06:31 AM
Thanks Kev -

I have 3 jerseys I need to preserve.

1. A CSC Tiscali jersey signed by Tyler at this year's TDF before he started Stage 2.

2. A USPS jersey from 1999 signed by LA at this year's Ride for the Roses.

3. A 2003 RFR jersey signed by Ken Carpenter (USPS Masters), Tyler, and Jo Dee Messina.

I am thinking about displaying #'s 1 and 2 together depending on what you find out and the cost associated with it.

#3 is currently hanging on my office wall but I am thinking that's not the best palce for it.

I'll wait for your findings.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
01-21-2004, 06:54 AM
I went to hear Tyler talk in Boston a year ago and he was the same--surprisingly small for someone who rides so fast. He looked like a 10 year old in adult clothes.

BBDave

Tom
01-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Just don't do like that guy in the ESPN hockey ad that went to the diner with his Bruins jersey signed by all the guys on their last Cup team.

Johny
01-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by BumbleBeeDave
I went to hear Tyler talk in Boston a year ago and he was the same--surprisingly small for someone who rides so fast. He looked like a 10 year old in adult clothes.

BBDave

Dave,
I think Tyler is like 5'7", about my size. I can never imagine small guys like him and Paolo Bettini can be so powerful on the bikes. Well, it is all about genetics (my reseach specialty BTW).

I do like Tyler a lot. A true role model!

Elefantino
01-21-2004, 08:56 AM
Take them to Michael's or another frame store. Have them put UV-proof glass or plastic in the frame.

All Lance jerseys MUST use yellow matting. :)

FWIW,
Mike