PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try any of the Capoforma bibs?

EPOJoe
11-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Anyone try any of the Capoforma bibs? What'dya think?

Songline
11-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I have their bib tights and bib knickers and think they're really great. Very comfortable. No complaints at all.

Charles M
11-20-2009, 08:42 PM
I have a load of their stuff. Well made, pretty long lasting and I take zero special care with it.

happycampyer
11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Capo makes great stuff across the board. They use Cytech (http://www.elasticinterface.com/) chamoises in their bib shorts (the same company that makes chamoises for Assos, Campy and several others). The higher-end line (Atlas) uses better materials (fabric and chamois) and is worth the extra $$$ imo.

dekindy
11-21-2009, 08:53 AM
I saw a comment in a Hammer Nutrition's Bergamo bibs thread on another forum that they are the same as Capoforma. Anyone know whether this is true?

happycampyer
11-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Capoforma (now just Capo) used to have Bergamo make all of its clothes (Bergamo "white labels" clothes for several other companies, fwii). Over the last several years, Capo has moved away from Bergamo and deals with mills, textile suppliers, and contract mfgrs (in Italy) directly, in order to have more control over fabric selection, design, manufacturing, etc. I'm pretty sure they have moved away from Bergamo completely.

A friend of mine was recently hired as one of Capo's regional sales reps, and this is what I recall him telling me.

CNY rider
11-21-2009, 11:33 AM
I have a Bergamo jacket that I use all fall and winter.
Fits me well, windproof in the important areas.
I got it cheap off EBay, can't get rid of the thing because it's perfect for me and holds up to awful weather and repeated washings.