PDA

View Full Version : Topeak PANORAM computer

Jeff N.
01-20-2004, 03:08 PM
Any of you folks out there in Serottaland have any experience with this computer? Thanks, Jeff N.

dnovo
01-20-2004, 05:11 PM
Had one on a recumbent. Couldn't get comfortable with its readouts and its screens. Prefer a Cateye Astrale 8 with the cadance which is simple and easy to use. Dave N.

terry b
01-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Have one that now lives in a drawer. Was too much like having a portable television on the bar. Too goofy looking for me.

Jay Torborg
01-22-2004, 10:48 AM
I've had a few of these - I got them on sale when some store was closing them out. All three stopped working within about 6 months. The readout would work fine, but they refused to listen to the fork sender. I replaced the batteries in the sender unit, but this didn't solve the problem. Haven't tried another one since.

- Jay

Jeff N.
01-22-2004, 11:49 AM
OK. So its unanimous. I recentlt got a Mavic Wintech. Didn't like the way is fastened to the bar (two zip ties, and it still was kinda wobbley and not real a good fit to Millenium bar), plus the sucker didn't work! Tried everything! Shipped it back to Colo Cyclist to get my 99 bucks back. So now I'm trying to find something else for a replacement. Actually waiting for DA 10-speed Flight Deck, but need something else in the mean time. Jeff

Jeff N.
01-22-2004, 11:51 AM
I mean Millenium STEM! Win-Tech attaches to the STEM! Sorry. Jeff N.

Kevan
01-23-2004, 06:59 AM
the giant sreen tv of the bicycle computer world.

Flat-screen... no less!