PDA

View Full Version : Ben and this forum

oldpotatoe
11-16-2009, 03:35 PM
I assume Ben looks at this forum..does he ever post anything?

fiamme red
11-16-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't think he looks at it often.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/member.php?u=13129

BumbleBeeDave
11-16-2009, 03:45 PM
. . . I dated a woman who worked for the local gas/electric utility. Whenever we were in public she never wanted me to tell anyone where she worked. She said the reason was that as soon as people found out she worked there she never heard the end of it. She spent all her time answering questions about the utility, trying to explain things, or trying to explain that she didn't really have the power to do anything about whatever they were not happy with.

After opening my big fat mouth by mistake a few times at parties I found out she was absolutely right . . .

BBD

Pete Serotta
11-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Some of the threads I send a notice to Ben and to Amy. They pretty much let us do what we want, unless we ask for something from them or need them to so something for us.

PETE

rwsaunders
11-16-2009, 04:21 PM
This is probably one of the most uncensored company sponsored forums out there on the interweb....I truly enjoy the group and the latitude given the participants.

oldpotatoe
11-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Some of the threads I send a notice to Ben and to Amy. They pretty much let us do what we want, unless we ask for something from them or need them to so something for us.

PETE

Amy is there, what happened to...geeezzz, can't remember her name...there in the late 90s thru early 2000s....

BumbleBeeDave
11-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Ben posted several times here under "Zen from Ben" and certain forum members--most of whom have apparently since departed--didn't give him the warmest of receptions. It left me not particularly surprised that he limits his participation.

BBD

jhat
11-16-2009, 07:34 PM
I personally very much liked it when he contributed to the forum, but then I have two of his bikes so I am biased.

Bradford
11-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I asked Ben about the forum around 2004 and he said he doens't have enough time to read it.

aaronf
11-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Amy is there, what happened to...geeezzz, can't remember her name...there in the late 90s thru early 2000s....

Are you thinking of Lori Hoeffer? Not 100% sure on spelling. She left Serotta and set up a custom/boutique shop in Charlotte or Greenville with another lady, can't quite come up with her name. I think the shop closed around 2005-2006. Not sure where she is now. Anyway, Lori was awesome, always enjoyed our interactions getting bikes designed and sorted for clients.

BumbleBeeDave
11-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Are you thinking of Lori Hoeffer? Not 100% sure on spelling. She left Serotta and set up a custom/boutique shop in Charlotte or Greenville with another lady, can't quite come up with her name. I think the shop closed around 2005-2006. Not sure where she is now. Anyway, Lori was awesome, always enjoyed our interactions getting bikes designed and sorted for clients.

. . . she is working for Paul Levine at Signature. And yes, I concur. She is awesome!

BBD

jpw
11-17-2009, 04:45 AM
I liked this forum more during the 'golden period', when members like The Jerk, Ginger, DBRK, et.c. posted. Things have never been quite the same since then (three to four years ago now). It's lost a certain... 'je nais cest qoui'. Oh well.

Ginger
11-17-2009, 04:48 AM
I liked this forum more during the 'golden period', when members like The Jerk, Ginger, DBRK, et.c. posted. Things have never been quite the same since then (three to four years ago now). It's lost a certain... 'je nais cest qoui'. Oh well.

People move on. Or move.

;)

See ya in Richmond.

(nope, not sure why I dropped in, or read this thread...but there I am. )

jumpjube
11-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Another positive vote for Lori. Her shop was in Carrboro NC (town adjacent to Chapel Hill); it was called Cycling Specifics.

I and others were truly sorry to see that she and her mate closed it. Lori has fitting down to a genuine art.

oldpotatoe
11-17-2009, 07:47 AM

Lori, that was her. Great to work with in the 2 previous shops I was in that sold Serrota.

54ny77
11-17-2009, 08:01 AM
Lori is at Signature Cycles in Greenwich, CT, and as others have said, she is a wonderful person to work with. :beer:

RABikes2
11-17-2009, 09:33 AM
People move on. Or move. ;)
See ya in Richmond. (nope, not sure why I dropped in, or read this thread...but there I am. )

Glad you dropped in today! HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY ANN! ;) Enjoy a ride and the day with your sweetie!

Miss ya!

Ritaann

Smiley
11-17-2009, 09:53 AM
dropping in to say Hello from Cairo Egypt, nobody here knows Serotta :)

soon to be back in the USA

rwsaunders
11-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Glad you dropped in today! HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY ANN! ;) Enjoy a ride and the day with your sweetie!

Miss ya!

Ritaann

I just saw that myself...Happy Birthday MA...aka Ginger to the masses. :beer:

William
11-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Appy birtday mate!

Crikey!! I ad a good joke but went dingy.

ooooh, too bad! It was a real beaut, too!

Have a g'birthday, MA! :beer:

William

Jeff N.
11-17-2009, 11:22 AM
I liked this forum more during the 'golden period', when members like The Jerk, Ginger, DBRK, et.c. posted. Things have never been quite the same since then (three to four years ago now). It's lost a certain... 'je nais cest qoui'. Oh well.Anyone remember "Da Man"? That's the one I miss. Jeff N.

Ginger
11-17-2009, 05:20 PM

Miss ya!

Ritaann

thanks all!

I rode to work on my own, but we did manage to get a 2.5 hour ride in before work this morning. :)

Thanks again! I miss you too! (But you know...married to Darrell I can't help but tell people they need a Llewellyn...and that's not kosher on the Serotta forum. ;) )

Mr. Squirrel
11-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks again! I miss you too! (But you know...married to Darrell I can't help but tell people they need a Llewellyn...and that's not kosher on the Serotta forum. ;) )

i have cousins down under. they speak very highly of llewellyn frames. stellar workmanship. beautiful stems too. haven't been able to break even one. is it true there are nuts the size of your fist down there?

mr. squirrel