PDA

View Full Version : Ergon Grips

sevencyclist
11-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Has anyone used the Ergon grips for MTB? There are a couple of different models, but not at LBS to try out the differences. Are there significant difference of cushioning/comfort between the GX2, GR2, or GC2? Thanks.

vqdriver
11-12-2009, 04:41 PM
i've got a set on my old HT turned beater bike. they're comfy enough and work as advertised, but the rubber material does not hold up well and gets gummy after not too long.

another note, and this may have changed, but the set i've got has the set screw going perpendicular into the handlebar. not as good a solution as tightening a clamp around the bar a la ODI.
obviously this precludes the use of carbon bars.

prolly won't be buying another set.

Dustin
11-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I find them more comfortable then most other MTB grips, almost all of which make my hands go numb. So they are the least worst option for me.

I have not had issues with durability.

The comfort series is way more cushy than the race series, which have comparatively hard rubber (they are lighter though).

Also note that many models come in size S and L. Even though I'm 6'2" with huge hands, I actually find the S to be more comfortable, and I know others feel the same way.

The ones with bar ends on them are really nice for adding a few more hand positions (helps with the hand numbness issues I mentioned above).

mtb_frk
11-12-2009, 06:46 PM
I have them on both my mtb bikes (with carbon bars) and really like them. I have the large ones. I have been using them for 2 or 3 years now. Originally I was having some problems with wrist pain, but have since moved on to another bike, but I decided to keep the grips.

erikbrooks
11-12-2009, 06:58 PM
I have them on both my MTB, and I love them. One has carbon bars - no problem at all with that. My hands are XL, and I love the large grips.
I'm using the GR2
http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/product/gr2