PDA

View Full Version : Rapha Continental--Los Angeles

false_Aest
11-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Has anyone tried this route?
I'm takin' a look a the queue sheet and some things just don't seem right.

http://www.rapha.cc/part-6--cue-sheet-1-2

Anyone have input?

fmbp
11-11-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't have a clue about its feasibility, but it looks like it would just about kill me. That said, it'd be super fun.

vqdriver
11-11-2009, 11:33 PM
4 u turns back to back? On pch? Fun

jlwdm
11-12-2009, 05:40 AM
Has anyone tried this route?
I'm takin' a look a the queue sheet and some things just don't seem right.

There have been reports about errors in the cue sheets for the Rapha Rides in general - do not know about this ride in particular. Need to adjust where they do not make sense like too many u turns. Do not consider the routes absolute.

I saw the same thing with a local AZ Saturday ride. When uploaded you got some u turns that made no sense. If you look at the route on the map you can usually see where these problems exist.

Some times you can go to sites like map my ride and find other rides in the same area and try to verify the route also.

Jeff

Birddog
11-12-2009, 07:19 AM
The q sheets for many rides don't make sense. It must be something in the software on the Q sheet generator. I would suggest magnifying the map and and double checking. From my own experience, I posted a ride and the Q sheet said "continue West on such and such road for 100 yards, turn right and go South". Go figure.

Birddog

Bud_E
11-12-2009, 12:52 PM
This makes little sense to me. I'm not sure about the route from the start to Mulholland Dr. but in order to stay on Mulholland to Conoga you better be on your mountain bike because Mulholland turns into a fire road at Encino Hills Dr. and stays that way all the way to Topanga. Riding Mulholland Hwy to Kanan is nice ( Rock Store climb ) and the descent down Kanan/Latigo to PCH is good. Once you're on PCH after descending Latigo, I'm not sure why you would be bothering with all the U-turns to get to Sunset Blvd. Taking Sunset all the way to Gower sounds a bit insane. There are long stretches of Sunset with no shoulder and crazy, drunk, speeding, cellphone-talking, SUV-driving soccer moms. ( Just my opinion :rolleyes: )