PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Blog

dekindy
11-05-2009, 04:54 PM
That is the trouble with those darn blogs. They don't write themselves. Serotta's is going on it's 5th month without an entry.

My Rotary Club is the same way. Someone decided that a blog was necessary but there has not been an entry since May 2007.

Pete Serotta
11-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Yep, Amy (COO of SEROTTA) and I discussed this only yesterday. If one has a BLOG it has to be updated with "good" information and on a timely basis.....

WE are guilty of not doing either. Sorry.....

Hope to have some information on how to proceed with a BLOG in the coming weeks. Plan now is to visit SARATOGA the week after Thanksgiving and this is one of the topics on the agenda.

PETE

jlwdm
11-05-2009, 05:36 PM
I thought Serotta made it pretty clear that for awhile the blogs, store, etc were not something that they had the proper resources to do right.

I see that some of the features will be returning in another month.

Jeff

Satellite
11-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Who needs a Blog when they have this Forum, more information passes here then any one person can keep up with, it takes an Army.

false_Aest
11-05-2009, 11:20 PM
serotta's blog = my grandpa falling asleep mid conversation... i think he was talking about ford motors

jpw
11-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Perhaps simple photographic 'diary' uploads from time to time would be a good 'filler' as a substitute for blog words (a picture says a thousand words) if there isn't time to put 'Ben to paper'. Images of where he's been and who he's met would be better than the last five months which has given the impression that the lights are on but no one is at home.

Also, the home page looks poor. Those oversized photos don't look good as an intro at all. Where's the composition and structure of 'hello' in that?

Just sayin' :-)

Jason.

MattTuck
11-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Adding pictures is always a good and interesting entry.

You can also do what MANY blogs do when they lose steam, invite guest bloggers!! I'm sure that some fitters could write entries, or serotta owners could write entries about what their serotta means to them.

Climb01742
11-06-2009, 07:28 AM
a blog is a tactic. it is not a strategy. sorry to sound like a broken record (remember those...records?) but what serotta seems to lack is a consumer-focused communications/marketing strategy. a blog left to wither is a channel in search of a purpose.