PDA

View Full Version : FIOS TV and foreign cycling coverage?

brokenladder
11-05-2009, 09:20 AM
hi all,

verizon FIOS service offers a menu of foreign television stations at a per-channel charge. that said, i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with/knowledge of cycling coverage. TV5 Monde (France), RAI Italia, and Deutsche Welle are all offered. i realize of course that world-feed broadcasts often vary from those in-country so any insights appreciated. i'd also be interested in coverage of FIA motorsports too-- e.g. F1, WRC, WSC, etc....

thanks in advance for any thoughts.

William
11-05-2009, 09:48 AM
hi all,

verizon FIOS service offers a menu of foreign television stations at a per-channel charge. that said, i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with/knowledge of cycling coverage. TV5 Monde (France), RAI Italia, and Deutsche Welle are all offered. i realize of course that world-feed broadcasts often vary from those in-country so any insights appreciated. i'd also be interested in coverage of FIA motorsports too-- e.g. F1, WRC, WSC, etc....

thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I did not know that. I'll be checking when I get home. :)

William

Ozz
11-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I checked out Fios last week....we don't have it in my area yet. I live in "tech central" and don't have this......unbelieveable.

My understanding is that they are still building the fiber optic network....still.

FL_MarkD
11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Not sure about the foreign channel support, but my FIOS has the HD Network channel and it carries a nice variety of 'non-traditional' motorsports. My two favorites are World Rally and Speedway racing.

I am still finding all the good channels after my recent change from Brighthouse. I am not sure I would pick up the foreign channel feeds, but the variety on FiOS is pretty amazing (so is the HD picture).

Mark