PDA

View Full Version : Tufo Tubular With Sealant Users Question

CalfeeFly
02-17-2005, 12:35 PM
I've recently started to ride a tubular wheelset. In about 700 miles I have not had a flat. I'm riding the Tufo Elite Road with sealant. :D

To all of you who have used Tufo Tubulars with sealant what has been your story with flats? I've been told that except for a bad cut (which would sink a clincher as well) they are fairly bombproof. :bike:

Is this what you have found? :confused:

Jack Brunk
02-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Make sure you reapply occasionally as it tends to dry out. I know it's been discussed before but I have had good success with tube spooze made by rock in roll.

Jack

bostondrunk
02-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I tried a set of S3 Lites on my race wheels.
They go on very straight, very nice.
I put the tufo brand sealant in both of them. Both flatted within 400 km's of use. Tried repairing both with sealant. Didn't work either time.
The only reason I strayed from Contis is because I got a good deal on the Tufos.

Back to Conti Competitions for racing.

gabbard
02-17-2005, 01:40 PM
Now, you may think that there is no relationship between the two, but in Colorado, we have terrible goatheads during the first part of the cross season, before it snows. Goatheads are little triangular thorns that will go right through a tire. I, and many of my teammates switched to Tufo's with sealant, and they do a very good job with them. I have been on a start line, noticed a thorn in my tire, pulled it out, some sealant squirted out, and then the hole sealed. There was one case with a large hole that I need to let the air out of the tire and allow the sealant to coagulate in the hole, because it was squirting out too fast.

At least for thorns and cross, they work well.

Steve