PDA

View Full Version : Bicyclist killed in Arnoldsville....

bulliedawg
01-20-2004, 06:48 AM
From the Athens Banner Herald...

"A bicyclist was killed Monday afternoon when he was struck by a car on the Arnoldsville Road, according to troopers from the Washington post of the Georgia State Patrol. The bicyclist, whose name was not release Monday pending notification of next of kin, was hit at about 2:40 p.m. by a car that was driving in the same direction of the biker, troopers said. Other details were not available late Monday."

I ride my bike through Arnoldsville regularly. No name yet. I will post more details when I find them out. It's pretty rare that I think to myself, "That could have been me," and mean it. But that really could have been me.

Please say a word of prayer.

Bruce H.
01-20-2004, 08:07 AM
Sometimes you get lucky. My wife was home this weekend (you there with the dirty thought..not that kind of lucky ((grin))) and related that a cyclist was riding along on Saturday in Key West when a driver backed onto the street and hit the bike broadside. Fortunately in this case the cyclist only was injured slightly and not killed.
Wish all the hits worked out so fortunately. sigh
Bruce H.

Too Tall
01-20-2004, 08:51 AM
Y'all be careful out there. Yesterday I was riding 2 up with 8 guys on a moderately busy road. It felt OK and being in a group was definately better than on my own. BUT, one moment after launching a hill sprint I hear the screech and crunch of a wreck. My heart nearly left orbit thinking one of our guys was just hit. Luckily it was a car on car collision. Thank the lucky stars. A cautious ride home after that.

Do whatever you can to preserve life and limb and watch your back.