PDA

View Full Version : Serotta 2010

rspecker
10-24-2009, 05:09 PM
I searched the Forum and didn't find an obvious thread on this topic. So . . .

What changes are planned for the Serotta line-up of road bikes in 2010?

When are they scheduled to be available?

Pricing announced?

If the 2010 bikes are already available then I'll feel a little dim . . . but it doesn't seem so from the Serotta web site.

Cheers!

false_Aest
10-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Serotta, with Ford's help, is taking cycling to the next level in 2010. A level where torque is measured in Foot pounds and and watts are now jiggawatts.

Watch for a gas/electric hybrid bicycle. And a pro-tour team named For'aughta

Double the MPG of Ford's F150.
3x the cost of the Meivice AE. (still cheaper than an F1 car)

Team will consist of cyclist that have recently served a 2 year suspension for doping.

Tentative team slogan is, "We don't need to dope anymore."

Pete Serotta
10-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Prices and Models have been presented to the dealers. I will find out this week about when they will be available on the WEB.

Pete

dd74
10-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Watch for a gas/electric hybrid bicycle.
Might not be a bad idea. Or at least an electric bike. I wouldn't poo-poo an electric Serotta.

false_Aest
10-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Those bikes will go to the re-vamped 7-11 team. Riders will be powered by twinkies and slurpies.

54ny77
10-25-2009, 02:27 PM
rock on!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z113/jpmz06/Bike/IMG_0555.jpg

Those bikes will go to the re-vamped 7-11 team. Riders will be powered by twinkies and slurpies.

dd74
10-25-2009, 02:45 PM
rock on!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z113/jpmz06/Bike/IMG_0555.jpg
54ny77 - a question unrelated to this thread:
That's a very nice frame. A question about the "battle scars:" would you be more apt to ride a frame like that as it is, scratches, divots, etc? Or would you repaint it in its original colors?

I ask, because I'm at a crossroads with an old race frame I bought. It's fairly nicked up, scratched, missing paint, etc., and to repaint it would at least be $500, which isn't the ultimate point. The ultimate point might be the fact that by repainting it, the history of the frame will invariably be lost, at least aesthetically.

Smiley
10-25-2009, 02:45 PM
IMHO a lot of simplification of the product offerings. If I can recall properly the Fierte line and Ready custom become one product offering called the Serotta Colorado. The changes are at the bottom of the product line, the Colorado line will feature the tall bike and racer ready bikes all in one category. The top line stuff remains the same, I think they dispense with GS and SE options in favor of simplifaction etc. All in all nothing new earth shattering. Serotta still for my money covers alot of ground in what they sell. I think I have a Classique Ti with couplers on order for a client and that maybe the last of that option, the 2009 Classiques remains for 2010 but with a bigger price increase.

Pete Serotta
10-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Our 2010 Road Collection is divided into three segments:
Level I. :) The Hors Categorie (or super premium) level of product - when only the absolute best will do. Serotta FULLY custom, supplying virtually limitless possibilities.

MeiVici AE - now with 8 months of production under our belts, the AE deliveries are a normalized part of our production process. Everyone who owns one agrees that this bike is a marvel - astoundingly responsive, magically smooth.

MeiVici SE - True to our tradition, we’ve continued to make small refinements to this stellar bike. The SE redefines the performance potential of carbon fiber. Faster, smoother, straighter, stronger and more rider-tunable than any model available!

Ottrott SE - Beginning December 1, 2009 the Ottrott SE will flaunt our new Serotta Master Cut lug pattern. Taking cues from Ben’s favorite lug styling which emphasizes adding reinforcement where it does the most and minimizing extra material where it’s not needed, making the Ottrott SE the essence of functional art. Other brands imitate the Ottrott, but none match the genuine performance and engineering within.

Legend SE - The legend SE is our ode to this spectacular metal. With true made-to-order tubing, we start from the ground up selecting, refining and shaping each tube to individual perfection. Unlike other brands, there’s no bull**** shaping for show, only meaningful formings, clean lines and loving care in every last detail.

Coeur d’Acier - If you’re new to Serotta, that means heart of steel. We’ve tried all the new alloys and shapes and we keep returning to our proprietary tubeset that was engineered to perfection more than 15 years ago with Columbus of Italy. It is still the best performing steel tube ‘on the market’ (** it’s exclusive to us!). With our own carbon stay and F3 fork, the ‘CdA’ packs tremendous performance in a budget friendly package. The raw acceleration of steel coupled with the vibration damping of expertly executed carbon fiber delivers a strong dream ride.

Level II. :) Serotta Custom, where genuine cutting edge technology and the tradition of perfection meet. True bespoke construction from geometry to fit to ride tuning. Serotta Custom offers exceptional value by delivering many of the HC range technical benefits along with a generous (albeit reduced) range of finish options.

HSG - Custom, client-tuned high performance carbon fiber. And like all Serottas, made in the USA means made in the USA!

Ottrott GS - Gorgeous, artful, responsive, sublime, the Ottrott has the power of steel, the durability of titanium with vibration damping and torsional stiffness that only carbon can deliver.

Classique Ti - Serotta design, meticulous care and client tuned material selection in this most durable material of them all (now includes ‘Big Boy’ class of material at one standard price!).

Colorado - This is the bike that changed how the industry approaches bike design. The Colorado steel frame was the first bike design that truly addressed bike performance one tube at a time….and it’s still the best. Stiff where it needs to be stiff, compliant where it can be…this is the frame that is the basis of our genetic coding….

Level III. :) Ready Custom. Take almost 38 years of custom building, tens of thousands of custom frames, and you have one meaningful data pool for selecting the best ready-custom sizes. HSG, Ottrott GS, Classique Ti and Colorado models can each be ordered in 22 different ready-custom geometries…and save up to 15%.

2010 Tri/TT Collection

Here we continue to focus on two models, the MeiVici AE and the CXII.

MeiVici AE - now with 8 months of production under our belts, the AE deliveries are a normalized part of our production process. Everyone who owns one agrees that this bike is a marvel - astoundingly responsive, magically smooth….and like all Serotta’s built for the real world. Other bikes may look fast, or they may fit OK, but they are not what they claim to be- custom carbon aero and fast. This bike is the real deal and it’s spectacular.

CXII - More responsive than any TT bike you’ll find (other than the MeiVici AE!). Few cyclists even think of it as steel because it is light, smooth, responsive, and of course, it fits.

2010 Cross Models

The Cross models are available in three configurations, Ottrott GS, Classique Ti and Colorado. Three great material stories, three great rides….no posing. Please note; the cross models are sold without forks due to the wide selection on the market. Provide the spec, but not the fork as we no longer paint any non-Serotta product.

….And the rest?

Mountain bikes (yea, mountain bikes….we’ve been building them since 1980) are undergoing a revamp and will be re-introduced in early 2010. Coupler bikes have been discontinued….Ben recently witnessed a friend disassemble and reassemble a Legend Coupler….both agreed it would have been worth paying more for carriage and enjoying time spent differently. Track bikes, Single speeds of all types and virtually anything else can be and probably has been built at some point in the past 38 years….but we’ll not be calling it a model. Please let us quote your clients idea of the perfect bicycle.

Serotta: extreme passion for perfection in the 38 year old family brand, made in the USA, amazing ride quality, magic handling, complete client satisfaction and total dealer support. Inquire today!!

false_Aest
10-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Edited for smartass content.

Looks promising.

54ny77
10-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh, that frame is not mine. Wish it was--it would on my living room wall, much to my wife's, umm, mild discontent! It's Andy Hampsten's TDF frame from '88, it belongs to the Serotta factory (Pete--is it back yet in the Hall of Frame?), and was on loan to us via Signature Cycles in Greenwich, CT for a special display at my wife's store back in July! Got to babysit the frame for a couple of weeks or so, handled gingerly, stared at regularly...

As to the chips, scratches, dents, etc. on that frame, can you IMAGINE if steel could talk? :beer:

54ny77 - a question unrelated to this thread:
That's a very nice frame. A question about the "battle scars:" would you be more apt to ride a frame like that as it is, scratches, divots, etc? Or would you repaint it in its original colors?

I ask, because I'm at a crossroads with an old race frame I bought. It's fairly nicked up, scratched, missing paint, etc., and to repaint it would at least be $500, which isn't the ultimate point. The ultimate point might be the fact that by repainting it, the history of the frame will invariably be lost, at least aesthetically.

dd74
10-25-2009, 10:24 PM
As to the chips, scratches, dents, etc. on that frame, can you IMAGINE if steel could talk? :beer:
You have a point, my friend. You have a point. :)

rspecker
10-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Pete,

Thanks for the detailed summary. I'm looking forward to seeing the new bikes--particularly the new Ottrott SE and the Colorado.