PDA

View Full Version : 3T--history

false_Aest
10-24-2009, 12:00 PM
So I googled 3T and found their wikipedia page.

I seem to remember 3T going bankrupt or out of biz. but its not mentioned there. Is this a false memory?

There is a mention of "return to pro cycling after several years absence"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3T_Cycling

Blue Jays
10-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Back in the day, the two main bar/stem choices were Cinelli and 3T.
They were both completely on top of the world.
Hey, that was my 3000th post. Woo-hoo!

choke
10-24-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't think they ever went out of business. I seem to recall reading several years ago that they were bought by Cinelli....but I could be wrong on that.

They have a website http://www.thenew3t.com

John H.
10-24-2009, 04:52 PM
They did go out of business- Just a brand name now. Asian made gear.

Marcusaurelius
10-24-2009, 05:01 PM
I believe cinelli, columbus and 3t all have the same parent company now (spa).

Yes I too remember when you either had 3t and cinelli handlebars and stems (I always had 3t)

false_Aest
10-24-2009, 05:04 PM
They did go out of business- Just a brand name now. Asian made gear.

Hrm. is this why they don't have any specs for their older stuff?

I emailed for info on their prima 199 bars. A few days later I got a reply saying that they don't have access to the info from their older stuff.

jhat
10-24-2009, 05:23 PM
does that mean that if someone buys a columbus tube steel bike, the tubes are now spec'd out of Asia, not Italy?

C5 Snowboarder
10-24-2009, 06:18 PM
I just bought 2 new Ergonova Team Carbon bars and a stem of 3T.. great products and - well crafted - high quality. :beer:

caterham
10-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Tecno Tubo Torino (3TTT) was purchased by A.L. Columbo in the 90's and along with his other holdings( Columbus Tubi & Cinelli ) formed Gruppo SpA and marketed that division's products as 3T.

Gruppo sold their 3T division a few years ago to another italian based company which now designs their own products in Italy with the help of a former McLaren F1 carbon-graphite composites engineer with manufacturing done in asia.

Gruppo SpA continues to manufacture and market Columbus tubing & framebuilding products and Cinelli framesets, bicycles, components & accessories.