PDA

View Full Version : adventures on my 2001 Classique

adamoneil
02-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Folks, just wanted to share my own photo blog site. I live in western NC, and own a 2001 Classique Ti. I carry a camera often on my rides. (Several of my friends own Serottas, too, as it happens.)

http://www.adamoneil.com/pictures.asp

adam

weisan
02-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi adam, pretty cool!

I have one question for you. What photo album software are you running?
I used photostack for my family website pictures but I like the way you separate out the thumbnails from the big picture on two different frames better.

Thanks for sharing,
weisan

adamoneil
02-15-2005, 02:43 PM
I have one question for you. What photo album software are you running?

Weisan, thank you. It's something I wrote myself using ASP + an Access database.

I select the thumbnails manually with Microsoft Photo Editor (a simple image editor included with Office 2000)--a tedious process, then enter the filename info in the database.

adam

bulliedawg
02-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Adam:

You take some nice photos. Hobby or profession? I lived in Waynesville for some time, so I know the area well, and miss it dearly. My wife and I try to make several trips from our home in NE Georgia each year, and we hope to retire there some day.

OldDog
02-15-2005, 03:33 PM
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. What kind of camera do you carry with you? I'm in the market for a small digital.

adamoneil
02-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Hobby or profession?

Bulliedawg, thank you. It's just a hobby. NE Georgia has some good riding, does it not?

Tom
02-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Those are great pics. Man, I want to get out on the road after looking at those...

bulliedawg
02-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Bulliedawg, thank you. It's just a hobby. NE Georgia has some good riding, does it not?

Yeah. A lot of rural roads, and rolling hills, but nothing like beauty of the NC Mountains. You also have the best climate in the South.

hypnos
02-15-2005, 03:47 PM
I'll be packing my stuff and moving to Asheville ASAP. Looks like some wonderful riding. Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

Jeff Weir
02-15-2005, 03:49 PM
Great job. I really like the way you cropped the shots for the thumbnails. Keep it up!

weisan
02-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Weisan, thank you. It's something I wrote myself using ASP + an Access database.

I select the thumbnails manually with Microsoft Photo Editor (a simple image editor included with Office 2000)--a tedious process, then enter the filename info in the database.

adam

Thanks Adam. You are a very very patient man. :D
Check out this freeware called Photostack (Google it). It's not the best, but the closest one I have found to meet my "ease of use" requirement.

adamoneil
02-15-2005, 10:24 PM
What kind of camera do you carry with you? I'm in the market for a small digital.

It's an Olympus D-510Z that I got in 2001, if I recall. 2.1 Megapixel. Relatively bulky and low-res by today's standards, but fine for posting on the web.

vaxn8r
02-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Very nice. Just another great reason for the forum. This is a great idea. More of us should get busy and be taking pictures on some of our rides. This is a true "ride report".