PDA

View Full Version : Let’s Make the Harpoon Brewery to Brewery Ride a Serotta Board Ride

Bradford
02-15-2005, 10:50 AM
The Harpoon Brewery is doing a ride from its South Boston Brewery to its Windsor, VT Brewery on June 18th and registration opens today. 136 miles from Boston to VT, with a party at the Brewery at the other end; sounds like a good way to get together and ride to me.

Details: http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/B2B/ride.html
Date: Saturday June 18, 2005
What: a 136 mile single day, point to point ride from Harpoon Brewery in Boston, MA to the Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, VT
Who: Event Limited to 300 experienced cyclists that can handle 140 miles in one day at a absolute bare minimum pace of 16 MPH. Riders must be able to fix their own flats and basic bike problems and finish the entire ride, including rest stops in 10 hours or less. Any riders still on the course at 4:00 PM will be picked up by the van.

William: Let’s show the little guys that Clydesdales can ride all day
Senior Jerk: You can wear a Lone Ranger mask so we won’t know your identity
Boston Drunk: 2 breweries in one day, ‘nough said
BruceK: Come on, the Ottrott needs to roam
Sheriff James: Swing by Albany and pick up BBD and you can be the disciplinarian
Climb: leaving the flat land and heading into the mountains, should be plenty of climbing for you

There seems to be plenty of us from the Boston area, we should be able to get 10 or 15 for a ride like this. :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
02-15-2005, 11:00 AM
. . . even though I have my daughter that weekend, I could probably make arrangements.

But to be honest, I strongly doubt I could keep up a 16mph average for 140 miles, especially that early in the season.

Additionally, do we get a ride back to Boston from Vermont? And from the 4pm deadline and the 10 hour time limit, I gather this ride starts at 6am?

BBDave

Bruce K
02-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Bradford;

That is the weekend between Open House and the GMG.

After being away for a 3 day weekend in Saratoga and planning a 2 day ride from Quincy to Provincetown, doing the B to B would get me the Big D !! :crap:

I am afraid I will have to pass on it again this year.

BK

Bradford
02-15-2005, 11:05 AM
You could keep up, especially if you ride with a group. I'm always surprised at how high my average speed is at the end of the PMC or a group century. I know one thing, it will be a lot easier for me to make it through if some of you come ride with me.

All the details are on the website. They have a bus back to Boston. There are waves, with the slower riders (that would be me and you, Bee Man) starting at 6:00 and the Jerk's wave starting at 7:30 (22+ average, owe!).

Ti Designs
02-15-2005, 11:34 AM
I have Saturdays off. I'm a bit concerned about hitting a brewery at 6:00AM, but if we start drinking late on Friday I guess it would be OK.

TimB
02-15-2005, 11:48 AM
If you're really interested in starting to drink and ride (in whatever order) at 6AM, I suggest you also check out RAGBRAI. Not only can you get a Bloody Mary at 6AM, but with a bit of a wait in line you can also get a pork chop.

Maybe The Jerk would be interested too, as this would certainly not be your standard bike-ride food...

M_A_Martin
02-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Just remember:
If you don't start in the morning you can't drink all day.

William
02-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Hi Bradford,

I just noticed your post down here. I might be in with you. I was going to try and hit the open house this season so I'll need to clear with my other half about multiple weekends in a row. ;)

BD & Roy, you in? :confused: :beer:

William

jerk
02-16-2005, 09:44 AM
sounds like fun.....maybe, the jerk has to check his schedule and check with mrs. jerk.
jerk

bcm119
02-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Common Jerk. A real Jerk wouldn't bother checking with the Mrs. Just leave a note on the fridge that morning- "went to drink beer and ride bike- be back late".

William
02-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Now maybe I shouldn't admit this, kinda makes me feel like...well...like a Jerk (and made me LMAO).

I just realized the Jerk's avatar is Mrs. Jerk. I never really looked at it and just thought it was part of a red TT and a silver seat post. L-M-A-O!!!

:D
What an idiot. :crap: :D

DAMN THOSE TITANIUM PANTS!!!

William :D

Too Tall
02-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Hmm, I95 to Baltimore, NJ tpk...7 hrs. in the Volvette. Shot of NO2 and we could shave that to 6. Ha ha, if Mrs. TT will ride tandem with me maybe. I'll loft the idea. The idea of recovering in Bahstn' pra-pah snapin labstah is mightly appealing.

Tom
02-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Interesting. I've looked at this one, especially cause it ends right across the parking lot from where my bro' works, and he rides his bike to work year-round so afterward I could probably drink 6 or a dozen beers and ride to the natal farmstead and get bit by my dad's dog again.

I'm riding to the farm from the Old Dorp the Saturday of June 5th weekend cause K's running the Covered Bridges on Sunday, then O.H. and the Stillwater Century the 11th/12th, then get my rear to Boston and ride to Vt. again from the other direction. Could be fun. I suppose I could ride to Boston and then ride back home from Vermont... I think I'd need to take a week off from work because there's three weekends of gardening shot and this year I'm going to turn out one whole bed of groundcover that no longer stops weeds and sweet peas (roots go to China. Never plant those things anywhere you don't want to use napalm) rip out a couple pricker bushes and plant something else there.

BumbleBeeDave
02-16-2005, 02:30 PM
If that's Pakasandra you're tearing out let me know. I'll take it off your hands and see if it works under my big-a** pine tree!

BBDave

Too Tall
02-17-2005, 12:27 PM
Doh. Queen said yes!

William
02-17-2005, 12:32 PM
I tink I'm in.

William :)

Bradford
02-17-2005, 01:08 PM
TT and BBD:

I live about an hour south of the ride start (first town over the MA border in RI). You are welcome to crash at my place on Friday night if you'd like.

Good news, no charge :banana: ; bad news, we'll be heading out at 5:00 am to make the ride start :crap: .

Bruce K
02-17-2005, 02:01 PM
I am jealous. I just think it will be bad for me to even ask my wife let alone do this one just a week before the GMG.

There will be a large group of riders from the 4C's (Can Crash Cycle Club) doing this ride as well.

I try and ride with them as much as I can.

Great folks. Good riders. Lot's of fun. Good looking kit.

BK