PDA

View Full Version : Sandy, could this be in your future?

keno
02-15-2005, 07:41 AM
I'm not saying what you should do. For me, I don't know if I'll get the permanent flat one day doing what I'm doing. What I do know is that it makes me happy doing it. This minute is the first one of the rest of my life; it could also be the last.

csb
02-15-2005, 07:58 AM
i (try to) click on the photo, but nutn happens!

Kevan
02-15-2005, 08:04 AM
digital trickery???

Sure Sandy's going to join you... by planting a buss on your cheek. :D

Congrats Keno on the start of your new life, may the race never end!

Sandy
02-15-2005, 08:06 AM
Very doubtful. You have accomplished a great deal in your cycling, and have made remarkable improvement. You possess the necessary dedication, focus, and training to have evolved into the rider that you are. I am having trouble even losing weight.

I don't think that I will ever have the motivation and perseverance (probably not ability either) that you have exhibited to accomplish what you have. You must be justifiably very proud.

I do really want to improve my cycling, especially my pedal stroke and my climbing. I know that I must lose weight. Thanks for all your advice and inspiration. I want to be like Mike, I mean Keno.

I do have two questions for you:

1. How much did you pay cousin Jake and cousin Fake to pose with you in your backyard?

2. Did you buy the medals or just steal them? :) :)

Still Slow STill Serotta Sandy

BumbleBeeDave
02-15-2005, 08:38 AM
. . . at your big victory, Keno! :p

But I have to say those are the UGLIEST podium girls I have ever seen in my life!

BBDave

Smiley
02-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Keno , congrats and may I suggest for a new venture for you to undertake ...write a book pal , we'll get you on Oprah and then the sky's the limit .

Too Tall
02-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Fear that.

keno
02-15-2005, 09:16 AM
this thread was intended as a follow up to your thread about medical risks, and not about winning, skills, dedication, focus and the rest of it, which I think are very distant from the real point, which is DOING IT AND NOT TALKING ABOUT IT. Each of us has to come to terms with who we are, pay our money and take our chances. Doing it may be getting stress or other medical tests or it may be doing intervals. Find out by asking yourself what it is you want to do and do it, but, perhaps, it may just be talking about it.

As far as any comparisons between you and me, another forum contributer (I apologize for not recalling who) says it best in his signature to the effect "Don't get on my wheel; I don't know where I'm going."

BBD, what have you got against women with facial hair?

keno

Sandy
02-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Well put and well understood. Makes me depressed to realize how little I really do to achieve my cycling goals.

Thanks!

Serious Sandy

Ozz
02-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Well put and well understood. Makes me depressed to realize how little I really do to achieve my cycling goals.

Thanks!

Serious Sandy
Sandy,

In the really, really big picture....not achieving your cycling goals is nothing to get depressed about. I think it is the sign of a full life.

I'd love to put in 3+ hours a day on my bike, but I have a demanding job, young children, lots of friends (who don't ride), a large family that all live nearby...in short, lots of other demands on my time.

This means that I set very modest cycling goals...a couple "event" rides with the local cycling club, a century or two per year, and try to get out at least once on the weekends for 3+ hours.

Would I like to achieve more? Sure, but I am not going to get depressed over it. When I am not riding it is because I am with friends and family, which is much more important in the long run.

Enough about me...Figure out how much time you have to devote to cycling, maybe get a coach to help you set some realistic goals and develop a plan. Then execute the plan.

I'll help.

Goal number one: Have fun riding your bike.

The rest is up to you.

Serotta PETE
02-15-2005, 04:52 PM

Thanks!

Serious Sandy

You have done fantastic! Look at where you have come from and where you are in regard to riding and life. All the new experiences, friends, you have made with cycling.

Additionally, you have lost many lbs and have left bailey's bowl alone.

Serotta PETE
02-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Each of us has to come to terms with who we are, pay our money and take our chances. Doing it may be getting stress or other medical tests or it may be doing intervals. Find out by asking yourself what it is you want to do and do it, but, perhaps, it may just be talking about it.

keno

Keno, you have done real good!!!! You are my hero. Additionally, there is a book "Younger Next Year" that recently came out. I think they were writing about you.

Hope to see you all soon, PETE