PDA

View Full Version : Driver that ran over Trooper Gorke ticketed

OnceFast
10-16-2009, 07:58 PM
The circumstances of Trooper Gorke's death were very similiar to the recent death of the San Antonio couple. I'd like to think the NYS police did a thorough investigation that included examining the driver's phone records, although the article is embarrassingly terse. Maybe some local Syracuse forum members have more information.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Driver-ticketed-for-crash-that-killed-state/Ne3dgLBuJkmBH0GBqusjOw.cspx

It's hard to believe there can be so little consequences for taking people's lives through carelessness. I'm not a lawyer(thankfully), but maybe the Texas pickup driver can be forced to contribute to a fund for the Bruehler's daughter. Although, without even a ticket, that would seem a stretch.

BumbleBeeDave
10-16-2009, 08:16 PM
. . . was one of their own, I would venture a guess that this incident was very, very, VERY thoroughly investigated by the NYS Police.

I don't know if NY state has any laws that would allow more serious charges against the driver of a vehicle involved in a crash if that crash led to a death. But I would imagine not, or else this driver would be charged with something far more serious than "not slowing down and not doing enough to avoid the collision." I'm betting the Troopers spent a lot of skull sweat trying to figure out the most serious thing they could charge the driver with.

No matter who the victim was, though, it's a tragedy.

BBD