PDA

View Full Version : Changing SRM Cranklength

mbusa
10-13-2009, 10:31 AM
I am wondering can the crank attached to a Sram SRM be changed for different lengths? Can this be changed between crank types, i.e. from SRAM to shimano?

If so where can I track these down?

I emailed SRM but per the norm they are wicked slow in their response.

Thanks

John H.
10-13-2009, 11:05 AM
You should be able to get a different size crankarm set.
You cannot change to a Shimano crank- all the spline sizes are proprietary.

SpeedyChix
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I am wondering can the crank attached to a Sram SRM be changed for different lengths? Can this be changed between crank types, i.e. from SRAM to shimano?

If so where can I track these down?

I emailed SRM but per the norm they are wicked slow in their response.

Thanks

They do much better via phone. You'll get right through most times too.
The Shimano DA SRM is a specific machined unit so seems unlikely that the SRAM would convert the DuraAce.

SRM USA has most of the arms, sometimes they show up used.

StephenCL
10-13-2009, 03:35 PM
First off, SRM will not take responsibility for the SRAM delivered SRM sets. They will service the batteries and do calibration of the SRM device itself, but SRAM chose to take this on themselves when they insisted on being the middleman. Notice, you can not buy SRAM SRM systems from SRM. Not that this is bad, it just is what it is.

Yes, you can change the crank arms out with other SRAM crank arms. Specifically, you must use the SRAM S900 cranks arms. That is what is used on the SRM.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

mbusa
10-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Does this mean if I were to purchase a SRAM S900 crankset I should be able to swap the stock spider for the SRM? Has anybody done this? I've never seen what the backside of the S900 looks like but it appears 3 allen bolts hold on the powermeter.

Does anybody have first hand experience with this, or do I need to contact SRAM to source these parts.

Thanks