PDA

View Full Version : Dean Ti Randonneur

eddief
10-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Someone in my local cycling club arrived at our ride this weekend with a spanking new coupled Dean Randonneur bike. I had not seen or heard much from Dean lately, but this thing caught my eyes. Interesting tube formations and top tube bend. Gorgeous.

Photos on the Dean website absolutely can't do it justice.

In honor of our sponsor, I will refrain from linking to the site.

Dustin
10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Cool, but maybe on a dedicated Randonneur bike they could mount a set of proper fenders rather than the clip ons that can be cobbled onto any race bike?

R2D2
10-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Cool, but maybe on a dedicated Randonneur bike they could mount a set of proper fenders rather than the clip ons that can be cobbled onto any race bike?

Got to agree here. Some fender/rack mounts are needed. I don't know how you would carry a front bag. 3k with couplers is pretty steep, when you can buy a Habnero cross or touring frame for 1/3 the price.

It is nice to see more interest in Rando.

nahtnoj
10-13-2009, 07:03 AM
Meh.

Apparently to Dean "rando" means a road bike with disc brakes and race blade fenders? How is the guy in your club using the bike?

I don't think Weigle, Spectrum, Bilenky, Vanilla, etc are sweating new kid on the block...

rockdude
10-13-2009, 07:18 AM
I was in Dean's faclity last year and they were puttting one together and man o man are they sexifed.