PDA

View Full Version : Campy 10sp der. issue... stumped.

Dekonick
10-12-2009, 07:45 PM
OK - I am not sure what I am missing...

I changed my cables etc... on my HC. 10sp campy - the same group I have been using for the last 4 years or so. I change the cables and housing yearly so this is not my first time... but I have never run into the issue I am having now. I am sure it is a simple matter, something I am just overlooking.

Here is my issue: replaced all cables and housing. re-wrapped bars, etc. Chain off, line up rear derailleur top pulley with first cog (12t) - skip over th the 4th cog. Allign pulley with cable tension. Replace chain. Skip to smallest cog - go up gear by gear to largest... but it wont go into my 25... stays in the 23. Huh? OK - so I think it is just a matter of adjusting the B screw - all the way in, all the way out. No matter. Wont go into 25.

So - what am I missing? I know it is something simple... something I know... but for the life of me it is eluding me right now.

I dont have the campy manual that comes with the derailleur handy... so can't check that. Looked online and all examples are similar to what I have already done.

Can't be a bent hanger as it was working before I changed the cables...

So - whatcha think I am doing wrong?!? :confused:

Mike748
10-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Cable slack... assuming you haven't fooled with the limit stop screws. You've got the shifter in the second click while the derailleur is on the smallest cog. Click it all the way down then retension the cable.

Steve in SLO
10-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Mike has it.

Dekonick
10-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Ahhh - makes sense. I knew it was something simple.