PDA

View Full Version : Swap Meet Bargains?

TC Johnson
10-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Greetings!

I just returned from the Lehigh Valley Velodrome swap meet after picking up a few sweet deals, and it got me thinking. What have been your biggest scores at a velo swap meet?

For me today, it was the Campy Record alloy crankset for $80 and a very clean pair of 2008 Campy Eurus wheels for $265 I picked up at the end of the day. They are going on the Colnago Carbitubo frame I have to build up. Shweet! :banana:

TC

cinema
10-10-2009, 03:55 PM
a very clean pair of 2008 Campy Eurus wheels for $265 I picked up at the end of the day.

TC
:cool:

I just paid 100$ more for a used pair
:butt:

Satellite
10-10-2009, 04:11 PM
I got a complete VaMoots D/A 10sp Show Bike turned Demo bike from the fine folks at Moots for 2.5K during the Rocky Mountain Velo Swap. I then turned around and sent the frame to Bilenky and got it S & S Coupled (also on sale). With the money I saved, I had Spectrum Powder Works do some Ti Etching to it (amazing work).

It's a buyer’s market out there. I am going to look at a mountain bike today I am guessing it will be in the back of my car for the drive home. New stuff seems to be holding its own but if you look at the used market there are some real deals to be had.

weaponsgrade
10-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I scored a Burley tandem for $85 at a swap a few years back.

Lucky Jack
10-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Awww nuts....totally forgot about Trexlertown today !!!! Nice finds !

Satellite
10-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Yep I came home with an Ibis Silk Ti today. I feel like I stole it, I hope the previous owner didn't steal it.

TC Johnson
10-11-2009, 10:41 AM
As my son and I were wandering about, I saw just a couple of Serottas there. One guy had scored a very nice Legend Ti painted frameset for $750! I asked him if he frequested the forum, and he had not, but his buddy did. Perhaps building up the Legend will get this place another devotee.

I wasn't in the market for another high end frameset, but a shop had sent a brand new unbuilt Seven Elium that they were willing to take $1250 for. Someone could have scored big time on that one. Too bad I didn't have the cash for it, since something like that should be worth way more than that as new on this forum or across the hall!

TC