PDA

View Full Version : need advice on price for 57cm Serotta TI Legond ST C4TI

Rebel_Biker
10-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I have the opportunity on a second chance offer on ebay to purchase a 2005 57cm Serotta TI Legend ST C4TI w/Serotta 02 fork.

I am 6'0 215 pound CAT 4 racer who races a 56cm system 6. I also own a custom CDS in around a 58cm.

I wanted a moots or another TI bike for winter training. I can purchase this for $1,350.

Is this a good deal?

thanks for the help

Louis
10-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Is this a good deal?

I'd say a tad more than some, less than some others. (lots of help there !!!)

A few years ago this would have been a good price, but it seems that recently the prices on used Legends has been drifting down. Many used to be around $1500. You rarely see them that high these days.

If it's in good shape and it fits, I'd say go for it. Especially if you plan on keeping the fork, which I believe is a very good one.

dekindy
10-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Do an advanced search on Legend limited to titles only and the Classifieds. This will give you a good feel for asking prices and possibly selling prices. You can always private mail the sellers and ask what the final sales prices was since it is sometimes not possible to determine. Who knows, you might find a Legend that was advertised on the forum and still for sale.

Lifelover
10-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Do you have 100% confidence in this second chance offer? I have not been active on ebay for a few years, but when I was, second chance offers were almost always a scam.

Rebel_Biker
10-08-2009, 09:05 PM
all excellent points
i will probably pass and wait for the perfect deal
thanks for the replies

RideTi
10-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Sounds like a pretty good price to me.

Ken Robb
10-09-2009, 09:22 AM
re: second chance offer scams. Ask for a close-up shot of the BB. Then you will have the serial # so you may be able to check around for info. Perhaps more important if it's a total scam and he doesn't even have the bike as is often the case he will give you some lame reason he can't take a photo.

A Legend that fits is a wonderful ride. FWIW, I'm 6'1 200lbs and rodea stock 60cm with riser stem but I like bars/stems even.