PDA

View Full Version : PARLEE refinishing ~ Cost? / Time?

raygunner
10-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Hey there!

I recently scored a used Z3 and was curious if anyone here knew how much Parlee charges to refinish a frameset?

Mine has a knick on one of the top tube letters and these shop decals under the clear coat on the chainstays.

I'd appreciate any help!

GuyGadois
10-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey there!

I recently scored a used Z3 and was curious if anyone here knew how much Parlee charges to refinish a frameset?

Mine has a knick on one of the top tube letters and these shop decals under the clear coat on the chainstays.

I'd appreciate any help!

Call them up. I did and they were very responsive. Based in USA so you don't need a translator (although you may since they are based in MA)

-GG-

happycampyer
10-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I think that it depends on what you ask them to do. As GG recommended, I'd just give Tom at Parlee a call. I have an older Z3 with the cable stops that doesn't have barrel adjusters, and I've talked to Tom about having it refinished and having the new cable stops installed. Don't recall the prices off hand, but they were very reasonable.

Jeff N.
10-05-2009, 03:02 PM
I sent a Z1 I scored a while back to have the newer cable barrel adjusters and a pump peg installed, plus new decals and clearcoat applied. They did a fabulous job. It was around $450 shipped, as I recall, about 4 weeks turn-around time. Worth every penny. The bike looked brand new when I unboxed it. Jeff N.

Karl Lee
10-05-2009, 06:17 PM
About a year ago I sent my Z1 frame in for a refinish and new decals, it took $275 and about 2 weeks.

tmanley
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Good info to know. I'm probably going to send my Z3 back in the next 12-18 months to get redone as well.

Karl Lee
10-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Not only did they reclearcoat the frame and put on the new decals they also removed an annoying little carbon stone from the inside of the frame that was driving me nuts. Besides the $275, I think I spent $60 to send it there from VA.

ALAMIKE
10-05-2009, 08:22 PM
You could get Calfee to refinish you frame. They have a good reputation for their work on carbon frames.