PDA

View Full Version : Ben Serotta night!!!!!!!!!

wheelworks
02-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Hey all,

Anyone in the east come on down to Wheelworks in April (29th) for a Ben Speaks night.

BELMONT WHEELWORKS... BELMONT MASS

PanTerra
02-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey all,

Anyone in the east come on down to Wheelworks in April (29th) for a Ben Speaks night.

Where would that be?

93legendti
02-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Ben spoke at our local shop 2 years ago. Very interesting stuff!

Bruce K
02-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Wheelworks is in Belmont, MA

PanTerra
02-13-2005, 08:59 AM
That's a little far for me. Too bad, it would have been great to get him to re-sign my CSi. He did that with a sharpie when he was here in Dallas, but I neglected to get it clear-coated and half of it has rubbed off. It looked good on the white paint job.

BumbleBeeDave
02-13-2005, 10:32 AM
. . . Ben is low key and a bit technical for newbies, but that’s because of the subject, not because of him. But for those of us with a larger technical interest in the process of designing and building frames, he’s a riveting speaker.

BBDave

M_A_Martin
02-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Gee Dave,
I don't think Ben is all that "too technical" for newbies.
We had all sorts at Kinetics when he was there and everyone could follow along quite well. If questions come up (and we had some very newbie questions come up over the course of three sessions), he's very complete in his explanations. Even when Ben answers a newbie question, those who are tech geeks learn something new.

Now...he might not be interesting for your significant other who would rather be shopping somewhere other than a bike shop...but other newbies would do just fine listening to his presentation.

And Dave, this reply isn't anything against you, I just don't want any newbie reading thinking that maybe they shouldn't go because the subject would be too far above their level of bike construction understanding. Ben does a fantastic job.

Ginger

flydhest
02-14-2005, 08:18 AM
If you really want to get him talking, start pouring grappa, or better yet, Swedish Aqvavit. heh, heh, heh.

I know Ben, I'm a very, very bad man.