PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Coverage on TV

sevencyclist
10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
I heard a while ago something about Direct TV and Versus had a blow out, so no more cycling coverage.

So which TV channel in US now covers cycling, (Spring classics, Giro di Lombardia, TDF, World Championships etc) and which Cable/Satellite networks? Thanks.

jlwdm
10-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Versus has its same coverage, it is just not on Directv right now. I would guess that there dispute will get worked out at some point.

Universal Sports is picking up more and more cycling coverage. This year the Giro, Vuelta and the Worlds for example. Replays on all of the time also. You just have to work to figure out the schedule.

Jeff

Dekonick
10-01-2009, 07:37 PM
OK

again - I will post this because it is a good solution for the moment. Mind you - most of it is not in english... better brush up on your flemish...

www.cyclingtorrents.nl

follow the directions - and the more of us who do the faster the downloads become. Everything on this site is from TV - so its not a free for all like some of the other torrent sites a la piratebay... but at least you can watch the real deal.

check it out.

Walter
10-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Sadly, DirecTV no longer has Universal Sports (great cycling coverage)...apparently the deal was only for the month following VS getting dumped.

Auk
10-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Sadly, DirecTV no longer has Universal Sports (great cycling coverage)...apparently the deal was only for the month following VS getting dumped.

Noticed that yesterday as well and was wondering what happened.

jlwdm
10-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Noticed that yesterday as well and was wondering what happened.

Probably just part of the negotiation between Versus and Directv. It is probably getting more interesting with Comcast looking to acquire Universal to go with Versus.

Jeff

dd74
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
So what does this mean in the long run for Direct TV viewers? No more cycling coverage?

Big Dan
10-02-2009, 12:18 PM
So what does this mean in the long run for Direct TV viewers? No more cycling coverage?

I think we are screwed......

Hello Comcast.

:p

jlwdm
10-02-2009, 02:32 PM
I think Comcast wants the channels on Directv and Directv wants to have the channels. It all comes down to how much should be paid for the channels.

Jeff

MAP
10-02-2009, 02:35 PM
I have Verizon FIOS and get both Universal and Versus.