PDA

View Full Version : medalist

larryswa
10-01-2009, 03:42 PM
A while back, I posted about getting some info on a bike. The pictures aren't really good, but maybe someone can help. I'm just looking for some history on the bike. The bottom bracket reads 54 Medalist and has a EC in the triangle. The pictures are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grizphrog/

Thanks.

Larry

(there will be more pictures of more bike related things later.)

dave thompson
10-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Based on what I've read and seen about Serottas and what my catalogs illustrate, I would venture that you have a late 70s or very early 80s Serotta frame. The Medalist name on the bottom bracket is either the maker or model of the bottom bracket shell, not the model name of the Serotta. The number 54, which appears to be stamped in the BB shell, I believe is the frame size. I'm surprised there is no serial number stamped there too.

The logos and typestyles are interesting as they show some of the evolution of of the now famous Serotta 'S' and Serotta logo. Maybe if you took some better pics of the bike; sideview, the underneath of the bottom bracket, the head tube S, the seat stay S and the Serotta logos and sent them to Serotta, they might jar someone's memory with an era your bike may be from. I don't believe they will have any paper records of something that far back.