PDA

View Full Version : Question Re Craft Custom

jblande
10-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Now that it looks like Champion Systems is a doubtful candidate for my cycling team, I am curious if anyone has had custom kits from Craft. My experience with Craft has been generally positive, but I would like to know if anyone has gone the custom route with them.

Have you had a positive experience?

Are you impressed/disappointed with the quality of your kit?

Why?

Is there another company you would recommend?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

acorn_user
10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
I've not tried Craft, but my team has used Giessegi and Santini. Both have been pretty good - on balance, I almost prefer Giessegi's clothing. It's really very nice.

CaptStash
10-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Some good friends of mine owns a company called JL Racing. JL has manufactured clothes for rowing and track for many years and outfits most of the world's Olympic rowing teams. Ken and Joline (the owners) are very into cycling and their daughter Kate races. They have just recently rolled out a new line of cycling clothes and I have to say they are awesome.

JL has a strong presence in Europe and manufactures clothes in Europe as well as the U.S. It might be worth a look as they have not yet done any cycling teams (they have done clothing for several collegiate rowing teams that utilize cycling for cross training). They are used to custom orders and doing team specific logos. Their website is at JLracing.com and if you go to the bottom of the home page you will see a list of links (they are country flags) for their various European contacts and websites. You'll probably have to give the local distributor a call to get the info on the cycling stuff as it doesn't look like it's up on the site yet.

Let me know if they come through for you. You can also just talk to the home office in the US. If you talk to Ken or Joline tell them Saul says hello.

CaptStash....