PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Donations for Rock Hill High School USCF Club

Dr. Doofus
02-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Ok, the Doofus knows a guy who knows a guy who looks a lot like one of us, and *that* guy says:

"I'm trying to get a USCF club going at Rock Hill High School in Rock Hill SC. Because cycling is an expensive sport, we are seeking cyclists who would like to help support the prospective riders on our team by donating used, but still useable gear, such as pedals, helmets, shorts, jerseys, shoes, etc.. We are a predominantly rural high school which means that although I have a few kids interested, they and their families are not able to drop a thousand dollars or more on equipment. If you would like to be a benefactor for Bearcat Cycling, please send the Doofus an e-mail and he will forward it to the party who looks a lot like him. All I need right now are committments to help -- we'll know exactly what we need once kids sign up after our first meeting. Serotta James, if this constututes any breach of the forum, we'll do the time. Thank you."

By the way, dbrk, they need five bikes.... :D

M_A_Martin
02-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Dear Doofus:

Once you get the interested parties (kids) signed up, you might post what size bikes they require as there are probably a few quite raceable bikes hanging around in dustbunnies that people here might consider donating to a worthy non-profit racing cause such as your own. (Or whoever that is that looks a lot like you.)

Ginger

csb
02-12-2005, 09:14 PM
(i emailed u)
pedals + things...

otherwise they're slated to be a canoe anchor

yeehawfactor
02-12-2005, 09:48 PM
i've got a large green lugged frame. oh you mean worthwhile stuff? i'll talk to the boss.

Redturbo
02-13-2005, 07:35 AM
Hey Doofus,

One of my buddies from my old team is a HS counselor and started a HS team last year. Since it was pretty much a new thing and not football, he had a huge learning curve. He's now got TXBR (Texas Bike Racing Asso) on board with it. There is a race today called Tomorrow's stars today (info at teambicyclesinc.org) He's a great guy and if you want I can put you in touch with him.

turbo