PDA

View Full Version : Specialized BG Pro Road shoe problem

SteveV0983
09-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Just picked up a pair of these directly from Specialized and am curious if anyone is has had the same problem as I am having with these shoes. Left shoe feels great, but my right foot get "tingly" on the bottom after about 1/2 hour. They are not too tight and it's not the straps. I am wondering if it is the metatarsal button cutting off circulation on the bottom of my foot. I have generally flat feet and the right foot is almost completely flat so I'm not surprised it is the one with the problem. I tried switching to Superfeet yellow insoles and it was better, but still there. Has anyone had any numbness problems with this shoe and is it possible it is being cause by the varus wedge on the bottom. Overall they are very comfortable and much more comfy than my 06 Sidi Genius 5. I tried the Specialized because I was getting some knee discomfort with the Sidis and so far my knees love the Specialized. Just having that one foot problem. Bike position is dialed in good so I don't feel that's the problem.
Any ideas or similar experiences? Thanks in advance.

wasfast
09-28-2009, 09:18 AM
I can only comment on my own experiences with Specialized road shoes which has been excellent. I have 3 pairs, 2 older, 1 from last year, the BG Pro. Everyone's feet are different so difficlut to make direct comparisions.

Peter P.
09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Supposedly 70-80% of the population have a varus tilt to the foot, for which the built-in wedging should be useful.

However, it's possible that each of your feet don't require the same amount of tilt, or any tilt at all.

I tried the wedges and the insoles and liked them but discovered the wedges caused pain under my big toes, so I gave them up.

Try sticking in one of the VALGUS wedges in the shoe of the affected foot to counteract the tilt and see if it goes away. Give it at least two weeks.