PDA

View Full Version : I wasn't expecting to like my LOOK...

d_douglas
09-25-2009, 01:25 PM
I have had a Look KG461 frameset sitting in my storage for a year now - bought from a friend to use for a few years while I thought about my next frame following the sale of my Serotta. That all changed when I bought a Speedvagen, though many have said that I should keep this Look as my rain bike.

I don't have the space nor funds to do this, so I am selling it. I took it to work to show a colleague who may be interested and I must say my ride to work was TOTALLY impressive! People rave about this bikes and I may know why. I have never owned a carbon frame in my life, so is this the start of an addiction that will have me cleaning out my bank account for a Meivici?

I still plan on selling (if my buddy doesn't want it) but I was surprised my a) the ride of the bike and b) the shifting (those who know me know I am a hack mechanic)

I have switched to 11spd Chorus and love it, but the Look has 10 speed alloy Chorus and Record along with some Khamsin wheels and it shifted so crisply. Yum. Mmmmm, maybe this should find a please as my winter bike in order to save my Vagen?

Others with stories to tell of nice bikes that you weren't expecting to like?

Dave
09-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I use my KG461 as my winter bike. It was one of the last models with aluminum lugs. It's relatively heavy for a CF frame, like all LOOKs prior to the 585.

Mine is equipped mostly with hand me downs. I use 700 x 28 Conti all seasons tires and silver Ksyrium wheels. It just got an upgrade to a Chorus 11 compact crank, the '09 Centaur shifters converted to 11 speed, with a 12-27 cassette. I still use the pre-carbon Chorus 10 speed RD, with a mod to increase the actutation ratio slightly.

I did the upgrade because nobody wanted to buy my two Record 11 cranks for $420 each, delivered, so they went on my bikes. I then sold 1 Chorus 10 and one Chorus 11 crank, cheap.