PDA

View Full Version : ottrott lugs

dripfaucet
09-25-2009, 11:41 AM
nice!

http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/cycling/entries/2009/09/25/ahhhhhhhh_the_wonder_that_is.html

jpw
09-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Those Phil hubs are just ridiculous.

Is the new lug shape function or marketing?

1centaur
09-25-2009, 12:13 PM
Now that Serotta size cycle looks like the ultimate winter trainer miles set-up.

cadence90
09-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Those Phil hubs are just ridiculous.
No kidding, especially in this economy.
Honestly, I thought Phil was much better than that. How disappointing.

duke
09-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Disappointing? How? What do Phil Wood hubs have to do with the economy? I would offer, if they don't do it for you don't buy them.
duke

cadence90
09-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Disappointing? How? What do Phil Wood hubs have to do with the economy? I would offer, if they don't do it for you don't buy them.
duke
Because gold-plated hubs are stupid and go against the image of supreme practicality that Phil represents.
Because gold-plated hubs are stupid and project an image similar to the Big 3 flying in corporate jets to D. C. to ask for bail-out money.
Because gold-plated hubs are stupid and seem a pretty posh piece in an economy where many are unemployed. The image grates.
Because gold-plated hubs are just plain stupid.
Just my opinion.
I have absolutely no intention of buying them, ever, but if you want to, hey, go right ahead.

Ozz
09-25-2009, 06:06 PM
The hubs don't appear to be a standard offering from Phil Wood...not in the online catalog.

I'm guessing they are a one-off job to get some attention at the show...PW may not have even plated them...maybe the shop did....who knows? People looked, some took pictures, we are talking about them...shoot I even checked out the website. Mission accomplished.

The new Ottrott lug is interesting...

:beer:

duke
09-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Anthropomorphism: The attribution of human characteristics or behavior to a god, animal or object... It doesn't seem like the hubs are the problem.
duke

cadence90
09-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Anthropomorphism: The attribution of human characteristics or behavior to a god, animal or object... It doesn't seem like the hubs are the problem.
duke
OK, you win: gold plated hubs are not only stupid, they're also really dumb, extremely idiotic, and completely brainless, dazed, deficient, dense, dim, doltish, dopey, foolish, half-witted, imbecilic, inane, insensate, laughable, ludicrous, meaningless, mindless, moronic, nonsensical, obtuse, out to lunch, puerile, senseless, simpleminded, slow, stupefied, thick, trivial, unintelligent, witless, as well as being problematically literal.

I guess their parents just weren't that bright. Rich, though!