PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sidi shoes...

veggieburger
09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey Guys,

I've never worn Sidi shoes before, but I recently picked up a used pair to try out. They fit great, so I'm pretty excited.

However - these came without a plate on the bottom. Do I bolt my Keo cleats directly into that recessed section (looks like they will fit), or do I need to get a 3 bolt plate first?

THANKS!

Steve in SLO
09-23-2009, 12:31 PM
They need a 3 bolt plate that brings the mounting surface even with the remainder of the sole.
If they have carbon soles, they may need the thin, sandpapery base between the sole and cleat that Look makes. That being said, I have been running my Keo cleats without the base and I haven't had a problem.

veggieburger
09-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks Steve, so I guess I am on the hunt for a 3 bolt plate...but yeah, I can't see why I can't bolt the cleat right on to the bottom of the plastic sole. Unless of course the screws will be digging into my foot.

malcolm
09-23-2009, 12:51 PM
I've never used anything between the cleat and the sole on mine, so far so good, over 5 years and no screws in the foot or slipping cleats.

John M
09-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Lots of people remove the adapter plate and bolt the cleat right to the shoe. It works fine and the slight recess gives the shoe a lower stack height, putting your foot closer to the pedal spindle, which some argue is more efficient.