PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sold a Serotta HSG Carbon recently?

jameswelle
09-21-2009, 05:42 PM
I've got a 2008 HSG Carbon I'm thinking of selling. I've seen them listed on craiglist for $4K or more, but I doubt those bikes are selling for that much.

Has anyone has actually sold one used and for how much?

If not, any thoughts on how much I could realistically get for it?

Mine is a size 58, good condition, Dura-Ace 7800, Ritchey WCS Carbon stem/post/bars, Mavic Ksyrium ES wheels, Chris King headset, and FSA K-Force Light compact crank.

Thanks!

bkboom123
09-21-2009, 06:10 PM
you should most likely part out the bike, and sell me the frameset for "college student" price..... :beer:

Pete Serotta
09-21-2009, 06:17 PM
The HSG carbon is a great ride....I sucked Smiley's wheel for a few hundred miles on one when we were in Vermont. As to resale, depending on what equipment is on it, you might be better selling as pieces.

Used bikes are just that and like cars, they have to be significantly cheaper to entice someone to buy it, instead of a new one...

There is another thread on price but all things like this are worth WAY less when used - whether it be a camera, watch, furniture, car, or bike.

avalonracing
09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I've seen NOS and like-new framesets go for under $1500 in popular sizes online. Part it out and you could probably get $2500 or more for everything if it is in good shape.

jmc22
09-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Unless you HAVE to sell the bike, DON'T.. in my opinion the only thing you will encounter if you do are vultures waiting to find a dying carcass pick the meat off of…

sfghbiker
09-21-2009, 10:18 PM
or perhaps, people who love cycling and would like a nice ride but have limited means during what are admittedly difficult times.
As Ice-T once said, "don't hate the player, hate the game..."

garysol1
04-23-2010, 06:52 AM
I sold my "used" but as new HSG carbon late last year. Selling price was somewhere around $1,500-$1,600. It is a hard sell. Typically the Serotta buyer wants Ti or Steel and your Carbon buyers are typically looking at more main stream or race oriented brands (most folks don't know Serottas race heritage)
I sold my Serotta HSG carbon as I found my S-Works Roubaix does everything the HSG did only better.

NOTE.... Replying to this old thread per a request in PM to do so :)