PDA

View Full Version : Sugino 110 bcd double at Yellow Jersey

eddief
01-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Apparently Sugino is shipping a new model of their triple crank. At least I think it's new. An excellent photo can be seen here. http://www.yellowjersey.org/cranx2.html If you want a triple you can have it for about $100. If you want a double, Andrew Muzi will shave off the granny tabs and sell you that one for around $120. This may be an answer to the quest for an all silver great looking, traditonal, non-black, compact double. For a bit extra $, he traded out the 36 inner for a 34 for me. Maybe a bit kludgy, but I think a reasonable approach to my crank hankerings. By this way this uses the normal, tapered Tange or Shimano BB.

bubba
01-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Possibly less money at www.branfordbike.com. Grind the 74bcd studs off yourself.

bfd
01-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Unless his website is outdated, Branford only list the Sugino 75, single chainring track crank. If you really want to DIY and make your own double crank, Sheldon Brown sells the same Sugino 110/74 triple crank for about $10 less.

eddief
01-19-2004, 07:58 PM
and Yellow Jersey suggests the finish is exceptional. It is impt to have that thing that gets really greasy to look exceptional, isn't it?