PDA

View Full Version : Serotta News from Ben

Pete Serotta
09-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Straight from the top....

September 14, 2009

· Ch.ch.ch.changes.......and making lemonade
· Have you driven a Ford lately?
· Interbike.....just when you thought Vegas was safe...
· ....it is why we build bikes

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this bulletin. I promise it will be worth your time!

Sincerely, Ben

Changes. With sadness and well wishes we bid adieu to Steve Fairchild and Tiffany Teaford. Almost everyone who has contacted Serotta in the last seven years has connected with Steve at one time or another. From sales to customer service, frame design to wrenching, Steve has done it all with precision and professionalism. Steve has taken a position as wing-man with Ian Buchanan of Fit Werx in Waitsfield, Vt, perennial top 3 Serotta Flagship Dealer. Tiffany Teaford, who has directed the transformation of our web site and marketing message, is taking a great opportunity with Nalgene.

Making Lemonade. The bad news is that other than Steve, I've been the back up frame designer. The good news is that other than Steve, I've been the back-up frame designer....and honestly, I'm excited to jump back into this slot for the foreseeable future. To free up my time, I'm please to announce the return of Amy Austin Roxin, as VP of Operations. Amy's primary objectives are to simplify, streamline and bring focus to operations ranging from marketing and communications to the sales and customer service interface.
Who knows, as Amy takes some of my 'ops' load off, maybe I'll even build a bike or two!

Additionally, we're excited to welcome Aleksandra Rokita who will be joining us as part of our customer support team. 'Alek is a native of the Czech Republic, is an accomplished MTB racer and has extensive experience in the international high-end auto trade. Not sure you want to challenge her to a race but you will enjoy her energy, her wit and ability to assist you!

Have you driven a Ford lately? We have. As it turns out, a number of the Ford management team are avid cyclists and Serotta owners! Ford Motor Company is extending its support of cycling from the multisport arena into road cycling. Serotta and Ford have formed a partnership that kicks off at this years' Interbike. Ford and Serotta will introduce a high-tech Mobile "Fit-Lab" installed in a new 2010 Ford Transit Connect. Think part "pimp my ride" and part business stimulation tool! The Serotta Mobile Fit Lab will be one part brand messaging, one part dealer support. The Serotta Transit will be spending a lot of time helping our dealers deliver best practice and best fit to customers across the country. Specific details on the travel schedule to come in the months ahead!

Interbike....just when you thought Vegas was safe.....Serotta returns! In fact, we'll be double trouble as we're in two locations: Ford/Serotta, where the 1st Edition Mobile Fit Lab will be on display along with the all-stars of the 2010 collection including a gorgeous restyled Ottrott SE you've just go to see; and with SICI, where you'll see the all new Serotta SizeCycle. Please contact the following to arrange an appointment and see the MeiVici AE with a Ford Inspired paint scheme, the star of the NAHB's show and recent PEZ cycling news article, as well as a few new surprises.

Make a Serotta appointment: BOOTH #615

Dave Powers: Dave@serotta.com
Amy Roxin: Amy@serotta.com

Make an SICI appointment: BOOTH # 1849

Kathy Krumme: kkrumme@serottacyclinginstitute.com
Paraic McGlynn: Paraic@serotta.com

Why we build bikes....why we ride.... Two weeks ago I made a mad dash to Boston to catch a flight to join friends and Serotta Owners Club members (new friends) for 5 days of cycling in the French, Swiss and Italian Alps. Lots and lots and lots of climbing, breathtaking views and even more breathtaking descents- a perfect antioxidant to the end of a taxing season and incredible prep for Eurobike and the season to come. There is nothing more exhilarating than pushing oneself up a 26km climb reaching the summit and then screaming down hairpin turn after hairpin turn, really feeling how these fantastic bikes perform. Support duties were provided by GPM10, a small highly professional 'cycle training camp' company based in France. Next year we'll be producing several programs with them....at least one of which will be tuned to be specially priced just for you, so we'll be hoping that you join us!

Thanks for your time.....and hope to see you at Interbike and on the road soon,
Ben

Pete Serotta
09-18-2009, 12:18 PM
If you get to Vegas stop by and see the gang.

Unfortunately :) I am some friends will be doing a ride from Burlington Vt to Montreal starting next weekend, so I will not be out there to get the free beers from Ben and Amy :beer:

Pete

Elefantino
09-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the update, Ben! As usual, a worthwhile read!

Hawker
09-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Wow...lots of exciting news, thanks for sharing.

Alas, my Interbike plans have fallen through (unless someone out has some free-lance audio/video needs) and I guess Vegas will have to try to do without my quarter in their slot. Sounds like Serotta is going to have a great presence out there this year.

fourflys
09-18-2009, 12:23 PM
as it turns out, I will be at Vegas and am looking forward to seeing Serotta there!

Smiley
09-18-2009, 12:23 PM
I HEART Steve Fairchild and will miss him beaucoups. A big win for Fitwerks in VT.

Ken Robb
09-18-2009, 12:35 PM
I HEART Steve Fairchild and will miss him beaucoups. A big win for Fitwerks in VT.

OK--I give up. Why do you keep this Snuggie ad on your posts? I'm pretty sure you are not the model. :)

Smiley
09-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Well I was accused of being in the tank for Kelly Bedford and will switch the link soon from Snuggies back to Bedford as I like to show that I support more than one cause :)

Charles M
09-18-2009, 01:02 PM
OH GODAMNIT!!!

I have to live without the Meivici again!!!

fRIKIN sHOWs :crap:

steven.k.davis@
09-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Hey Ben; any chance Serotta Club owners can get comp-tickets to the Las Vegas show?

gomez308
09-18-2009, 02:31 PM
I think it's awesome that Ben will be getting his hands dirty again. Not many CEO types have the want or the ability.

SEABREEZE
09-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Maybe FORD will sponsor a bike team, and we will see them in the TDF, all using SEROTTA'S

Wouldn't that be nice ! ! !

Drjimbo
09-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Any additional information or pictures you could post about this Gorgeous Restyled Ottrott SE offering Ben mentions in his Interbike post?

Pete Serotta
09-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Hopefully Dave Powers will send me photos from the show...

benb
09-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Is anyone answering "info@serotta.com" these days?

I sent mail about a repair/refinishing/repaint question last week and have not gotten any kind of response.

BumbleBeeDave
09-21-2009, 09:53 PM

I sent mail about a repair/refinishing/repaint question last week and have not gotten any kind of response.

. . . and they just hired two new people to replace him and have to train them. I'd give them a call on the phone. They're new and I bet they are scrambling.

BBD

Pete Serotta
09-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Ben, have you asked your local dealer the question? Feel free to let me know what it is and if I do not know, I will find out for you.

Interbike setup was at the end of last week and they are in Vegas this week. Feel free to send me a note or post your question here, if your dealer is unable to assist. PETE