PDA

View Full Version : Look Keo Pedal Recall

rugbysecondrow
09-16-2009, 06:26 PM
NOTICE: VOLUNTARY FIRST-GENERATION-ONLY KEO® CHROMOLY AXLE RECALL
LOOK CYCLE USA, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, has initiated a voluntary recall and upgrade program isolated to KEO chromoly axle models manufactured prior to January 2006.

KEO MODELS AFFECTED
Specified models manufactured Jan 2004 – Dec 2005
KEO Classic
KEO Sprint (Red and Graphite)
KEO Carbon Chromoly/Chromoly Ironman
KeO HM Chromoly/Chromoly Ironman

WHAT TO DO

Identify your KEO pedal production date. If your pedals were manufactured between January 2004 and December 2005, stop using them immediately. Bring them to your nearest Authorized Keo Axle Replacement Dealer, where the axles will be upgraded free of charge.

To find your nearest Authorized Keo Axle Replacement Dealer, CLICK HERE.

If you are unable to visit an Authorized Keo Axle Replacement Dealer or if you have questions, please contact LOOK Cycle USA:

http://lookcycle-usa.com/news/notice-voluntary-first-generation-only-keo%c2%ae-chromoly-axle-recall.html

Jeff Weir
09-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Isn't this recall about a year or two old?

rugbysecondrow
09-16-2009, 06:49 PM
I have no idea. Today was the first I heard of it and there is no date on the recall. Does it matter how old it is? Anyway, take it for what it is.

Isn't this recall about a year or two old?

vqdriver
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
yeah, i had mine serviced last year or so. if this is new, then they're replacing the replacement spindles????

jhat
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
I think this is the old recall that most of us have already responded to. Good to put it out there again for anybody which might have missed it the first time around.

BumbleBeeDave
09-16-2009, 08:21 PM
. . . have their spindle break off because they missed the initial recall. Thanks for posting it again!

BBD

zap
09-17-2009, 09:09 AM
reminds me.........i need to get mine replaced.