PDA

View Full Version : OT - one VERY cute moment

Ray
09-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Just to expose myself as a total sap, I gotta post this. Its a replay of something those of us watching the Phillies last night saw live during the broadcast. A great catch, followed by a hilariously innocent goof by a kid, followed by a guy being a great Dad. If this isn't heart-warming, I dunno what is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCLuzy8C2cc

-Ray

nahtnoj
09-16-2009, 07:00 AM
I was at the game. Everyone in the stands was cheering the great catch and couldn't figure out what happened until it was re-played on the jumbotron!

Len J
09-16-2009, 07:05 AM
Saw that on sportscenter.

Of course, no one will remember Phila. fans for something like that.

Len

konstantkarma
09-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Maybe she is training for throwing snow balls during Eagles games?

Hawker
09-16-2009, 09:28 AM
LOVED it! And I'm a Braves fan. :)

chuckroast
09-16-2009, 07:10 PM
FWIW, You Tube now notes that the clip has been claimed by MLB and no longer available.

Ray
09-16-2009, 08:19 PM
FWIW, You Tube now notes that the clip has been claimed by MLB and no longer available.
Yeah, it's gone viral. The family is gonna be on the Today show tomorrow. We can't just let things be cute anymore. Oh well - it was still a great moment.

-Ray

rounder
09-16-2009, 08:35 PM
The clip was great and the girl was sweet...but how come MLB gets to claim it.

Louis
09-16-2009, 09:07 PM
...but how come MLB gets to claim it.

Because they have the money and the lobbyists and the lawyers.

rounder
09-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Because they have the money and the lobbyists and the lawyers.

That was my thought too. That is why i am spending more time following more obscure sports these days like bike racing and minor league baseball.

Cantdog
09-16-2009, 10:42 PM
I can't see it, but I hope it involves someone throwing batteries.

Dekonick
09-16-2009, 10:53 PM
This is why I hate digital rights. It diminishes what could be an exceptional experience.

Louis
09-16-2009, 11:18 PM
I can't see it, but I hope it involves someone throwing batteries.

All part of a cute family night out in Philly? ;)

Lifelover
09-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Here is a new link

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/ModernTube-Young-Phillies-fan-rejects-dad-s-fou?urn=mlb,189941

Climb01742
09-17-2009, 04:43 AM
This is why I hate digital rights. It diminishes what could be an exceptional experience.

and in this case is sheer stupidity. those few seconds are one of the best "ads" for taking your family to a ballgame. why on god's green earth, or baseball's green diamond, wouldn't MLB want it to be seen by EVERYone?? MLB is truly run by minor league brains.

rugbysecondrow
09-17-2009, 05:46 AM
and in this case is sheer stupidity. those few seconds are one of the best "ads" for taking your family to a ballgame. why on god's green earth, or baseball's green diamond, wouldn't MLB want it to be seen by EVERYone?? MLB is truly run by minor league brains.

My thoughts exactly. They can't buy advertising this good and they squash it. Not the brightest move.

dannyg1
09-17-2009, 01:00 PM
I've got a question: Did that ball hit somebody in the head on the way back down?

Ray
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
I've got a question: Did that ball hit somebody in the head on the way back down?
Dunno, it was never reported if it did. That deck isn't very far above the seats right below it and she more or less just dropped it - I doubt anyone would have been more than slightly hurt regardless.

Amazing media cycle. I saw it when it happened and thought it was one of the sweetest things I'd ever seen on the tube. A day and half later, its gone so thoroughly viral and has been so totally exploited and worked over by the full media that I'm really sick of it already. And I was one of the many people who caused that to happen by originally posting it here yesterday and helping to spread it initially. Although it all feels like it must have happened weeks ago. No wonder newspapers are going out of business.

-Ray