PDA

View Full Version : Make your bike lighter!!

wheelworks
02-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Check this out. Lighter cables only 7 grams!!

The Power Cordz Derailleur Cables feature super responsive finger tip control and are precise, light, low maintenance.

* Superlight Zylon fibers create a cable that is stronger than steel
* Only 4 grams per cable compared to 14 grams for typical steel derailleur cable
* Set includes front and rear cables; housing not included
* Super responsive finger tip control
* Weigh under 7 grams per set resulting in over 30 grams of weight savings
* A precision control system that stays in tune
* Never need lubrication: Smooth, lower friction coating
* No rusting or damaging corrosion
* Precise, Light, Low Maintenance

MADE IN U.S.A $35

Bill Bove
02-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Who is distributing them, do they have a website and do they come in a nicer color? Say pink, or maybe black?

Blastinbob
02-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Here you go Bill, yellow only.

(http://www.iodupont.com/) Who is distributing them, do they have a website and do they come in a nicer color? Say pink, or maybe black?

BarryG
02-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Those are cables, not housings Bill.

What a bunch of whooey.

Bill Bove
02-08-2005, 07:54 PM
There's a lot of exposed cable running along the down tube, I understand the company wanting to make their product visabile but I kinda like a clean looking bike. I'm still interested though, not so much for the lightness but for the promise of better performence, always a good thing.

BumbleBeeDave
02-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Oh, YEAH, Baby!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!

BBDave

BumbleBeeDave
02-08-2005, 08:40 PM
. . . exactly how much weight this would really save and would it be worth it? Do the cables have a Teflon liner like the Avid’s or Gores that would make shifting smoother? Might turn out to be not worth the $$ for the weight saved, kinda like those $90 carbon bottle cages! :rolleyes:

BBD

Too Tall
02-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Quote from Tony Dupont's website Forum:
"I would like to encourge everyone to feel free to post comments and questions. We would love to hear your sucess stories as well as any concerns you may have. Our team will do due dilagence to respond as promp as possible, and do what we can to ensure your success with the Power cordz and future Io DuPont's prodcuts We are closed on the weekend but from time to time stop in the office, between bike rides, to check on things. We are honnered to be able to have this opertunity to provide you and the world with Power Cordz. We look forward to hear from everyone. Thank You for your support :) Tony DuPont and the Io DuPont Team "
======================

(chuckle) Them DuPont's is inta everything. No pun intended.

bulliedawg
02-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Here you go Bill, yellow only.

(http://www.iodupont.com/)

While black isn't pictured, black is available according to the purchase page. It looks like the yellow are "limited edition."

RABikes2
02-09-2005, 09:15 AM
I weighed my Legend, loaded for a distance ride minus filled H2o bottles and food, and it came in at 29 lbs...guess saving weight on cables wouldn't matter much, eh. :crap: :crap:

RA :rolleyes:

zap
02-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Early reports indicate black looks pretty bad. Sorta like putting shoe polish on something yellow.

BBD, you might save 9-10g's. So thats what, two Bumble Bees.

Sandy
02-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Yep- Two Bumble Bees, crushed or alive.

Sandy

Sandy
02-09-2005, 10:53 AM
In case you are interested, it would take 14,867,987,000,678,098.5 adult Bumble Bees to equal my weight, with an additional 89,567 Bumble Bees, after breakfast.

I just thought that you might want to know.

Sandman