PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for Serotta Repairs Dept!

PoppaWheelie
09-15-2009, 06:33 PM
I recently bought a 59cm legend here that feels great, but doesn't fit quite right. I enjoyed the bike enough that I went out into the wild wooly interweb and found another better sized Legend for a really good price. The seller (the original owner) seemed on the up-and-up and so I made the plunge. Unfortunately, when the frame arrived, it was bent at the rear triagle.

The short version is that the seller was 100% stand-up about the whole thing and I agreed to let Serotta take a look. The bend was pretty minor (rear wheel not sitting straight...so signs of damage beyond that) so I figured that so long as Serotta gave it a clean bill of health, I'd be happy.

I got the frame back a few days ago, and have to say I'm shocked. While at the spa for the re-alignment, I had them change the decals and refinish the frame...aside from now being straight, it looks BRAND new. The bill was very reasonable (paid by the seller) and they turned it around in about two weeks.

Well done!

Smiley
09-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey good for them, I know the economic climate now a days free's them up to do the little odds and ends that used to take forever. Its good to see it work out for everybodys sake.

Peter P.
09-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Outstanding! Three parties made out in this transaction:

1. The seller has a great reputation

2. Serotta has a great reputation, or merely reinforces what we already know.

3. You are one lucky Serotta owner.