PDA

View Full Version : Open House ideas?

Bruce K
02-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Serotta has posted the schedule for Open House.

All events are on Saturday.

While I know this will in no way deter this lovable gang from making the most of it, does anyone have any ideas for a Sunday morning ride? Can we make some arrangement with the Springs Motel so we could ride from there and return to shower and then depart?

Do any of you local folks have any other suggestions? (BBDave? Tom? or, in this case, just plain James?)

With plenty of time to plan, I would think we could have some unofficial activities to fill the weekend.

The Parting Glass on Friday night or the local BBQ/Hot Rod Cruising night, or both?

With lots of time to figure this out, I'm sure we'll come up with something.

BK

Smiley
02-08-2005, 02:17 PM
We meet at the factory Sunday Morning or better yet we meet at Bens house and ride from there and do a 30 miler before we depart . Lunch at the diner next door . I am planning to come up Thursday and do a Friday ride ? Any takers for that , I guess since we messed up the plans by taking off early Saturday for that 60 miler Serotta figures we are big boys and won't get lost . I'll bring my GPS with me and down load local street maps of the area . We do need to find rest stops though ..where is Alyson when you need her.
Can anyone say TANDEMS ? Who's bringing tandems for this event ?

M_A_Martin
02-08-2005, 02:46 PM
GO TO the fru fru breakfast place!
:banana:

I don't care if you have to wait...(and I don't think you will) it's SO much better than the place we went to every morning last year. Light years better (I went there the morning I left town...).
Do NOT go to the greasy spoon...the Fru fru breakfast place isn't fru fru...it's good!

That's my suggestion for the open house.

Serotta PETE
02-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I will be up for FRIDAY and for SUNDAY rides......... heard that SMILEY will be buying lunch,,

Pete

Climb01742
02-08-2005, 04:28 PM
my only suggestion is that we actually ride together this year. :rolleyes:

Bill Bove
02-08-2005, 06:07 PM
I'll be riding up again with Bruce and Climb so I have to go by their schedules but I would like to do a quick 35-40 miles before hitting The Parting Glass on Friday night. I'd like to do a longer rides on Saturday and Sunday, say 75 and 50.

Climb, I'm going to try to get up to Boston earlier this year and visit my sister in Hopedale for a few days, wanna get the forum members in your area together for a trip out to Mt. Wachussett? Don't Munson and a few others live in the Marlboro/Sudbury area?

Climb01742
02-08-2005, 07:40 PM
Climb, I'm going to try to get up to Boston earlier this year and visit my sister in Hopedale for a few days, wanna get the forum members in your area together for a trip out to Mt. Wachussett? Don't Munson and a few others live in the Marlboro/Sudbury area?

sounds great. munson has told me he rides through concord, so he must be at least sorta nearby (hey, where has roy been, anyway?) i'm totally up for rides here. and i'd be happy to go up early friday, so we could ride in saratoga friday afternoon. :beer:

Bill Bove
02-08-2005, 07:47 PM
sounds great. munson has told me he rides through concord, so he must be at least sorta nearby (hey, where has roy been, anyway?) i'm totally up for rides here. and i'd be happy to go up early friday, so we could ride in saratoga friday afternoon. :beer:
Cool, but I don't think we'll be able to talk the jerk into joining us. He's afraid of me;-(

BumbleBeeDave
02-08-2005, 08:36 PM
. . . on taking Friday off and getting a ride in that day--hopefully with some forum friends whom I can drop, er, I mean, whom I can show some great routes in the area!

Seriously, though, there really are some great rides in the Saratoga region that have never been touched on previous factory weekends. One really great one is to park at the Batchelerville bride over the hills from Saratoga and ride around Great Sacandaga Lake. There’s a great metric century that takes in some challenging climbs up West Mountain Road and Hadley Hill Road, with alternate, easier shortcuts available that hug the lakeshore.

The Day 1 route for our MS150 ride is also very nice, going north through Corinth and Lake Luzerne, then west along the Sacandaga River to the lake. It’s about 75 miles. There is also a great (read: Killer!) climb up to Lake Desolation that can be reached easily from the factory.

For those who want to take things a little easier, there are, of course, the routes used on previous factory weekends (I saved the maps), and there are also a number of cue sheets for rides out of Saratoga that I have downloaded from the Mohawk Hudson Cycling Club web site.

Additionally, if there are folks who want to drive down to Schenectady to the junior college there, I could lead any number of rides that go out along the Mohawk River for time trialists, or up into the Hills around Mariaville Lake where there are some truly challenging climbs.

As for the Friday night gathering, depending on when you want to get it started, there are quite a few other places in town besides the Parting Glass. Many of them have outside seating areas if the weather is nice. If folks want to try something new for that, I could certainly go do some (Burp!), uh, research.

One other thing that I can think of that we might want to check is with demo bikes--are they only available Saturday, or can they be checked out on Saturday and returned Monday?

BBDave

Bruce K
02-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I could be up for a ride Friday. Not sure about 75 miles as I don't think we'll be getting there much before early to mid-afternoon.

A Sunday morning ride would be a good thing.

BK

Climb01742
02-09-2005, 05:17 AM
i'm with bruce. a good leg stretcher friday afternoon, latish...a good long ride saturday...and a nice social ride sunday morning would be my cup o' tea, for what it's worth. ;)