PDA

View Full Version : Prize memorabilia... what would you think this is worth?

Rich_W
02-07-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm considering posting this prize possesion on Ebay... what would you think this is worth?

Winning Magazine, Issue No.1, July 1983, Merckx on the cover... signed by the man himself.

Just curious... hopefully the image attaches...

Kevan
02-07-2005, 04:50 PM
but given how people behave on Ebay, that you can target the interested audience, that the magazine represents the era and appears in very good shape, I'm guessing $300-500. The man's still around and signing authographs as we speak, just not on period documents like this.

Frankly, I'd either hold onto it, offer it to a bike shop in exchange for a frame r' something (They love hanging up this stuff), or better yet, send it to me at this address... :D

Very cool!

Ti Designs
02-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Yeh, I had every issue but for some reason I was in an anti-clutter mood one day and out they went. I'm now in a position where I need to sell off much of my cycling collection, so I've looked at the market. I would say you should wait at least a month, this isn't the time of year when people have cycling on the brain, there are fewer hits, fewer bids and fewer digits in the selling price when the dust settles.

Rich_W
02-07-2005, 05:27 PM
BTW... I have a copy of just about every issue of Winning that was ever published.

I also have Eddy's sig on our local team jersey he signed while I was wearing at the Tour in '00. That, I'm keeping.

Anyway... I recently dug it up, and was wondering what its worth. It is truly a collector's item. If I do end up posting it, I'll link it to every cycling forum classified I can think of.