PDA

View Full Version : Status of tubeless road wheels/tires?

Manatee
02-07-2005, 12:01 PM
I recently remembered that some companies were working to tubeless wheels and tires for road bikes.

I went looking for information one who's doing what, and I found a link to a Shimano wheel called the 7801, and I found reference to Michelin tubeless road tires that already have model names. However, I don't find any comments from the manufacturer's sites on when these things will go on sale.

I'm kind of wary of trying tubeless, as there seems to be a problem when you flat. It's not like a car, where you have a spare wheel. ;) I'd like to read reports from early-adopters for a year or so before I'd consider trying it.

Has anyone heard anything about when these products will go on sale?

wanderingwheel
02-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Just last week, I saw a pair at the bike shop on a local pro's bike. He was using Dura-Ace wheels and Hutchinson tires. Sorry, but I wasn't very curious about them so I didn't bother asking much, but he did say that he was enjoying them. He also mentioned that he could fix a flat by either putting a patch on the inside of the tire or putting in a normal inner tube. I have no information on production.

Sean