PDA

View Full Version : "Power pedals" from Norway: Tips on use and dis-assembly

pbjbike
09-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. It sure looks like a friendly place.

Has anyone out there used Power Pedals, made in Norway? The axles only turn forward, to help increase power during the "dead zone" at he bottom of the pedaling stroke. A generous guy just gave me a pair. They seem a bit rough when rotating, and I'd like to clean and lube them, but am a bit anxious because of the internal clutch...Any tips? Also, any suggestions on use?

Thanks!

dave thompson
09-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. It sure looks like a friendly place.

Has anyone out there used Power Pedals, made in Norway? The axles only turn forward, to help increase power during the "dead zone" at he bottom of the pedaling stroke. A generous guy just gave me a pair. They seem a bit rough when rotating, and I'd like to clean and lube them, but am a bit anxious because of the internal clutch...Any tips? Also, any suggestions on use?

Thanks!
There's some contact info at the bottom of Zinn's article: http://www.power.no/the_hottest.htm

pbjbike
09-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks for that :). I've read Zinn's article, another good one. I'd really like some advice on the internal workings of these before I end up with a bunch of pawls lying on the floor...The CEO of Power Pedals passed away, and it seems as if they are no longer in production, nor do they answer emails.