PDA

View Full Version : Adamo Saddle-Anyone Have One?

Hawker
09-08-2009, 09:29 AM
This saddle is getting some pretty good reviews...including from Joe Friel.

Like many of you...I'm still looking for a saddle that doesn't remind me it's there after forty miles.

http://www.ismseat.com/products.htm

Birddog
09-08-2009, 10:22 AM
That thing looks like a lobster pincer. Not what I want near my "boys".

Birddog

William
09-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Looks interesting.....but I couldn't help it. :)

William

oldguy00
09-08-2009, 10:44 AM
I think it is more meant for people in a time trial position, where they are leaned forward putting extra pressure on sensitive areas.
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the idea is that your sit bones are supposed to rest on the two 'prongs' on the front, with your 'change purse' hanging in front of it....

Ahneida Ride
09-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Uncle William

Ride my Brooks .... Then decide ... :)

vqdriver
09-08-2009, 11:20 AM
i saw those and am pretty interested in hearing some response as well.

i'm currently on a smp extra and it's ok. i've recently purchased a brooks swallow as well, but haven't mounted it yet.

Z3c
09-08-2009, 11:52 AM
I had about 5 fit clients using this saddle and all but one ended up going back to their previous saddle. Initally they thought they liked them, however all but one ended up hating them. I worked with a few of them repeatedly; they really wanted to like the saddle but could never get truly comfortable on them. One rider, however, loved it. 4 of the 5 were tri folks to include the one who retained the saddle. One common theme was the width of the nose; it is pretty wide and was causing leg deflection on 2 of these people.

Like saddles in general, not much to be gained by looking at them and what one rider loves another may hate..

Scott

cmg
09-08-2009, 01:40 PM
what are the dimensions?